blosslover
Site Admin

April 11th, 2010, 1:37 am #161

I watched Burn After Reading last weekend, what an odd movie but considering who was behind it, that should have not been surprising. Saw the Get Smart remake, I didn't find it all that funny unfortunately.

tgir
Site Admin

April 11th, 2010, 3:09 am #162

I am pretty sure that any movie that has Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law is a movie I am going to go see.

I think we missed Shutter Island. I refuse to miss Date Night.

Jenni
Site Admin

April 11th, 2010, 9:54 pm #163

I watched Clash of the Titans last night and thought it was good. I don't understand the bad reviews but then I think the reviews are always based on people's preferences.

Marg
Site Admin

April 12th, 2010, 12:21 am #164

Saw 'The Hurt Locker' a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was a fantastic movie and was pleased that it won Best Picture!

I have absolutely no desire to see 'Date Night', even though Tina Fey and Steve Carell are in it. It has received very poor reviews.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 12th, 2010, 3:32 pm #165

I don't want to see Date night either, although I am a Fey fan, I can stand Carell.

Clash of Titans looks way too Cartoony for me. I love Sci Fi but hate fantasy (go figure). Another one that everyone liked and I hated was the Flying Tiger, Dragon whatever.

I am looking forward to Shutter island being released, read the book and it was very good.

tgir
Site Admin

April 12th, 2010, 6:37 pm #166

Am pretty sure I will be dragged to Clash of the Titans. I won't be that unwilling as it has Liam Neeson, but that's the only reason I will agree to be dragged. He's also in The A Team (film version.) Aside: I was channel surfing on Sun. and he was on Bravo, chatting with that guy.

I don't like all of Steve Carell's work, but I thought he was absolutely wonderful in Little Miss Sunshine and Dan in Real Life. When I don't like him much is more a matter of the type of material rather than his performance. I am ambivalent about 40 Year Old Virgin but absolutely unambivalent that he was wonderful in it.
Last edited by tgir on April 12th, 2010, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 12th, 2010, 11:28 pm #167

I am sure we will rent it, but I doubt I like it much. Do love Neeson and Fiennes is also in it. They are both great.

tgir
Site Admin

April 18th, 2010, 9:25 pm #168

Just came back from Clash of the Titans. In 3 D, the first time I've been to a theater showing a moving in true (or any) 3 D. I must say, the 3 D was not as bad as I thought but I don't much like it. Whether it is an anomaly of my eyes/brain or the quality of the show, I don't know but from time to time a small part of the screen was not 3 D but rather, I could see two images imposed upon one another. I got something of a headache from it, but it went away. Poor hubby fared far worse, with a headache that started during the previews in 3d (some movie based on animated heroic owls) and since he wanted to see it so badly, it was especially upsetting for him.

The show wasn't as bad as I had feared but my husband was bitterly disappointed (see headache above). My expectations must have been lower than my husbands or maybe it was the relative degree of headache.

Dax will be glad to know that there were at least two very beautiful actresses in the film. Gemma Arterton was stunning as Io, and Alexa Davalos as Andromeda was also very beautiful. Both actresses have been in far better films as has most of the cast.

Next on our list: Date Night.

tgir
Site Admin

April 20th, 2010, 4:03 am #169

Just came back from Date Night--very funny, if imperfect farce. Def. recommend.

What I found unusual/interesting/good is that both Fey and Carrell are comedians, yet neither overshadowed the other. There was good interplay between the two of them. Nice to watch them together: very believable as a married couple. I hope the work together on other projects (but not Date Night II).

Krystal
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2010, 1:04 am #170

We rented the original "Death At a Funeral" English version from 2007. It was a riot. I don't know if I'll see the African American version, may rent it when it comes out.