Cheryl
Elite Members

February 14th, 2010, 2:24 pm #141

lexilou wrote:The Dark Knight - Did Heath die during filming and did they use other actors (Johnny Depp) to film the last scenes? I thought I read that somewhere.
Lexilou--Heath had already completed filming on The Dark Knight when he died and was already working on another film. I'm not sure what happened to that film.

You may be thinking of The Crow, one of my most favorite movies ever with Brandon Lee. When he died accidentally on set, they had about a week of filming left to go and his stunt double filled in for his last scenes. So sad. :(

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

lexilou
Elite Members

February 14th, 2010, 2:45 pm #142

Thanks Cheryl.

edit: I just googled and it was Heath's last film that actors filled in.

wrote:Heath Ledger’s unfinished last role in ‘The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus’ is to be completed by the trio of Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law,
More at : Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/ent ... z0fWQYBwwg

Last edited by lexilou on February 14th, 2010, 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

February 14th, 2010, 4:55 pm #143

I haven't seen Imaginarium yet, but it's at our $1.50 theatre now... still, I'll probably just get the dvd someday...

Krystal
Site Admin

February 14th, 2010, 8:07 pm #144

Crow was great. Actually I did like Iron Man and the Knight with Ledger as well, even though his portrayal was somewhat comic book, it was brilliant and the first time I really liked his work. Did not like any of the others, though we rented them.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 1st, 2010, 5:09 am #145

Whiteout, decent, about a murderer in Antartica. Just saw Burning Plaine, very good, very good work by Theron and Bassinger as well.

lexilou
Elite Members

March 1st, 2010, 12:42 pm #146

The Informant! Okay, thought it would be funnier than it was. I wish I had picked a different movie Saturday night though.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 10th, 2010, 5:06 am #147

Law Abiding Citizen with jamie Fox, I liked it.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 11th, 2010, 3:29 am #148

We saw The Wolfman with Benicio last weekend. Awesome special effects and fabulously gory (in a good way, not a bad way) . I was a little disappointed because I thought it would be amazing and it was just okay.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

March 11th, 2010, 4:31 am #149

Saw "Everybody's Fine" which was sad and sweet and in the end, everybody was fine. A very different kind of role for DeNiro and I thought he was wonderful.

As a side note, before seeing the film, I had been having a few days of intensely missing my father, who died over 4 years ago. DeNiro isn't old enough to be my father by at least 10 years, but somehow, this film kind of fit into the mood.

My husband didn't like it as much. I think he was more in the mood for something funnier or more action packed. This was a quiet film, well acted and well written.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 13th, 2010, 12:00 am #150

We saw The Boondock Saints, liked the first one did not like this one. A lot of gore, which is OK, but the plot was confusing and mostly sumb. By the way the female lead was Julie benz looking pretty sexy. But I guess I dislike her from dexter so much (and i did not even see last season) it kind of effects my judgement.