Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 17th, 2010, 10:01 pm #121

We just got back from seeing Avatar! Simply brilliant.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 18th, 2010, 12:14 am #122

We got back from Up in the air.

I loved it so much. No wonder, George is in my personal TOP3. I liked all the actors, the plot, everything, it was funny and romantic, but clever romantic.

My husband liked it, too.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 18th, 2010, 5:27 am #123

Gate--I want to see Avatar but have been putting it off because of the length of the film. I get all achy and stiff sitting for three hours! I know this is a movie that should be seen on the big screen though.

I want to see Up In The Air just because it's a Jason Reitman film. I just love his movies. And it doesn't hurt that George Clooney is in it.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 18th, 2010, 10:14 am #124

Cheryl, it didn't seem to be that long. I don't like long films either, but it felt to me like 'longer' 2 hours.

Up in the air - I think it was really good, I don't want to give away anything, but I do recommend it.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Marg
Site Admin

January 18th, 2010, 2:55 pm #125

I want to see Up In The Air -- have liked most of the movies George Clooney has been in.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2010, 9:24 pm #126

Paranormal Activity. Totally sucked, turned off after 15 minutes. Anyone see the Surrogates (Bruce Willis?)

blosslover
Site Admin

January 23rd, 2010, 9:29 pm #127

I just got a blu-ray player. Are there any movies that any of you could suggest for me to watch with it.

Saw 2D version of Avatar at the theatre, the effects even in 2D were good, but it wasn't an OMG wow in the story department.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 29th, 2010, 4:57 am #128

Two to report on, Jennifer's Body, a so so demonic posession, and Surrogates, a decent but not great Sci Fi with Bruce Willis.

Cheryl
Elite Members

February 2nd, 2010, 4:05 am #129

tgir wrote:I also saw Up in the Air. I think that Clooney was in every single scene, which was a good thing. His performance was...perfect. Supporting cast was great. Very good, dead on scene about how your expectations of love and life change as you move into your 30's and beyond, mostly between Clooney's love interest and protege, well played by Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick, respectively. I love Clooney and not just because he is so attractive and charming. Here, he plays once again, a character who succeeds mostly because of his personal charm and charisma, but with layers of intelligence and heart that you get the impression he has long ago forgotten he ever had. You get a glimpse of who Ryan must have been at one time, and who he allows himself to be, a tiny bit, at the end. I found this film to be extremely successful.
I finally saw this movie!!! Tgir, it is everything you said and more. Except George C. was more than perfect, he was sublime. He hasn't been this sexy (to me) in a movie since he did Out Of Sight over ten years ago. Jason Reitman, the director, was on Oprah last Friday.....a great interview, I adore him. Did you know the clips of the people in the movie who were fired were played by real people who had just lost their jobs? How brilliant of Jason Reitman........he didn't write their lines at all. They just interviewed them about losing their respective jobs and just told them to talk about how they felt the day they were fired. It definitely lent a feeling of authenticity to the film.......a heart. My favorite relationship wasn't George and his love interest, it was him and his young protege. I love Anna Kendrick now. They had some funny, touching, sweet scenes together. Good movie! :clap:

Cheryl
Elite Members

February 8th, 2010, 3:25 am #130

We saw It's Complicated today and I LOVED it! I thought it was even better than Up In The Air. Alec Baldwin was so freaking funny, OMG! Our 21 year old file clerk at work recommended it so it is definitely a movie for all ages. But OMGosh, if you are in your 40's or over, you will love it even more. Meryl Streep was sublime. Steve Martin was subtle yet sweet and funny. John Krasinski from The Office was a freaking hoot! VERY good movie that I totally recommend, you guys! :applause: