shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 12th, 2010, 8:25 pm #111

It looks like we're going to see Sherlock tomorrow night :)

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

January 13th, 2010, 8:41 pm #112

Just rented Julie and Julia. Have to say I was not thrilled with it. Strep was fabulous in the role, I guess I resented so much time spent on the Julie character, when to me she did not deserve it. I did appreciate the great Julia even more after seeing what she experienced getting into those classes and getting that book published. What a fabulous woman she was.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 13th, 2010, 11:18 pm #113

Back from Sherlock Holmes.

WOW. Loved it. I have to see it again with subtitles as I feel like I missed half the jokes.

Just one complaint, technical. In one scene they are at the Parliament and within minutes close to Tower, no way you can make this under, well let's say, 20-30 minutes walk. It takes you 8 statinos by the tube.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

January 14th, 2010, 10:36 pm #114

Watched "Moon" last night. It was kind of dull.

tgir
Site Admin

January 14th, 2010, 10:44 pm #115

Krystal wrote:Just rented Julie and Julia. Have to say I was not thrilled with it. Strep was fabulous in the role, I guess I resented so much time spent on the Julie character, when to me she did not deserve it. I did appreciate the great Julia even more after seeing what she experienced getting into those classes and getting that book published. What a fabulous woman she was.
Apparently Julie has a new book out which shows herself in an even less admirable light.

I like Amy Adams well enough but yes, Julia Child was a much more interesting character and of course Streep is always wonderful and far outshined Amy Adams. That aside, I liked the film well enough. Not one of my "must own so I can watch it again and again' but decent enough.

Dax
Site Admin

January 15th, 2010, 3:03 am #116

I took myself to dinner and a movie tonight... just saw Sherlock Holmes. It was a lot of fun.

Planning to finally see Avatar on Monday.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 15th, 2010, 4:55 am #117

I feel about the same. Not sorry i saw it but would not see it again.

Vanity Fair had a ong article about Child a few months ago and it was fabulous. I guess I never knew the depth of her accomplishments and personality prior to that. She truly was a great woman.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 15th, 2010, 11:42 am #118

Dax wrote:I took myself to dinner and a movie tonight... just saw Sherlock Holmes. It was a lot of fun.

Planning to finally see Avatar on Monday.
3D Imax? You have to. I think the film really needs to be seen like that.

Much more powerfull experience.

I'm glad you liked Sherlock, I was so impressed. I loved ti so much.

Dax
Site Admin

January 15th, 2010, 9:31 pm #119

>> 3D Imax?

Of course.

blosslover
Site Admin

January 16th, 2010, 5:43 pm #120

Where I live we only have 3D or 2D Avatar not the IMAX version.

I liked Julie and Julia, outside of Meryl Streep's performance in one sense--the idea that people can be inspired by those who they never knew and just by what they do with their lives. Did I love the Julie character, no, but that's okay.