tgir
Site Admin

December 23rd, 2009, 5:33 pm #11

RD Jr and I are soul mates. I know it and nothing you can say will make me doubt our deep, intense, personal bond. You can have Johnny Depp, but there's nothing and no one who can come between me and Robert.

Oh: saw Julie/Julia (or the other way round) and hubby and I both liked it. Weirdly enough, as time goes by, he enjoys more typical 'chick flicks' and I enjoy a good action/bad ass film. For instance: He hated Judgment Day and I loved it. Don't want to see it again, but loved it. And for some bizarre reason I really like ConAir.

Saw Taken and I liked it more than hubby, but I was only expecting to see Liam Neeson (also mine) and improbable action and I got it.

Saw Knowing and we were both disappointed. Very disappointed in Coraline but my son loved it. I found it very disturbing, which was ok, but somehow, it missed. Liked Defiance.

LOVED Gran Torino. Excellent film although I was/am upset that it had to resort to a woman being raped as a tool of revenge/control of other people.
Last edited by tgir on December 23rd, 2009, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 23rd, 2009, 6:22 pm #12

tgir wrote:RD Jr and I are soul mates. I know it and nothing you can say will make me doubt our deep, intense, personal bond. You can have Johnny Depp, but there's nothing and no one who can come between me and Robert.
Awww... you are so cute in your delusion tgir but I'll give you RD Jr for the holidays. Hugs and xoxox! :xmaspresent:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 23rd, 2009, 9:19 pm #13

Hey now! I don't know what you all are doing or thinking but while you've been typing away here...Robert Downey Jr...yep...just left MY house. He's mine chickadees lol!! I had him bare ass in the snow! Yep that's right! Gave him some country luvin! Wait...hmmm ok ok...it was just a dream but it was a good one! lol

I can't really join in with your movie post...heck I don't even know what most of them are that you've been talking about. Nine,Avatar, Blindside, and Invictus? Haven't heard of them yet. I'm always so behind on this stuff. I did see a preview of Sherlock...only cuz my husband called me in to see it. I wonder if I miss all this cuz i FF commercials?

Usually if my son tells me about a movie that's how I hear about it or if I read the book like with New Moon. I haven't been to a movie since ...I think Exorcist back in the 70's....well i do think I took my kid to some disney crap when he was real young. I've stopped getting them on Pay per view because usually I'm a bit disappointed and think that I wasted the money and should have waited for HBO to have it. I think the last one I got on pay per view was Sex and the City and while I thought it was ok...coulda waited till it hit hbo.

tgir...I just taped Taken and Gran Torino will probably watch them in the next couple of days.

tgir
Site Admin

December 23rd, 2009, 10:15 pm #14

For Taken, make sure you keep your expectations low.

Gran Torino is very good, but it is a little taste specific. I'm guessing if you're taping from broadcast, then a LOT of stuff will be bleeped out of both films, especially Gran Torino.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 24th, 2009, 1:20 am #15

Dorian Gray!

That's what I've seen the last time in our cinema. You can keep Johny, Robert and Jude, but Colin is all miiiiiiiiiiiiiine. My precious :)

Also, still under the influence, so Robert Pattinson is my precious as well.

As you can see, quite reasonably, I'm choosing what belongs to "my" continent :)

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

December 24th, 2009, 5:00 am #16

We are seeing a lot of rentals as it is the winter break in TV. I liked Gran Torino but was sad in the end. Thought it was really good though would have preferred that Clint kick some ass.

Bruno, mostly sucked but I got a few chuckles out of it and was amazed he did not get killed when he said he traded the black baby for an I Pod.

I don't like chick flicks but sometimes we get them due to lack of slection. Saw the Proposal, have to say to me they are all the same. I'd rather watch reruns of Law and Order.

Saw Sunshine Cleaning, thought it was so so.

I have been home some doing things and have had some of the Chevy Chase "vacation" movies on. They are stikk funny as hell, and find myself sitting down to watch them. Also the "Home Alone" movies. They were funny too.

lexilou
Elite Members

December 24th, 2009, 1:34 pm #17

Uh, I called Edward awhile ago. You can have Robert, but hands off Edward.

DH and I both liked Gran Turino, tho he liked it more than me. I don't think it's on the networks yet, so perhaps lexilani taped it from HBO? If so, then she won't miss anything. I hate when they bleep or delete parts out, but I do appreciate it since I have young kids. We just watch OnDemand or rent the movie. Well, not so much rent now since the store closed. That trend kinda stinks. Sometimes I want to go peruse the store for a movie and now there is like one place I can go without signing up for a new membership. :(

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2009, 8:00 pm #18

yep...i taped movies from hbo or max, or one of the other movie channels. never from regular tv. no caps cuz one of my pugs is laying on my right arm and hand....daddy cut one of her nails too short made it bleed like it was a head cut and she's very traumatized ..my poor little girl.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 25th, 2009, 7:05 pm #19

Poor her. Our Cliff needs his haircut and nails done, too.

We'll have to discuss this Edward thing later.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

December 26th, 2009, 12:26 am #20

tgir wrote:For Taken, make sure you keep your expectations low.

I agree, thought it would be better. Was OK though, I do like Liam a lot, however, it was a bit much to swallow when he would beat up 5 or 6 guys or they were shooting at him with automatic weapons and no one could hit him!