Modern Movies

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 6th, 2011, 12:25 pm #1

Here is a new thread to talk about the movies that are no longer in theater but are still relatively new.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 6th, 2011, 3:24 pm #2

OK, now I got it. Well I mistakenly posted Salt under announcements but I will repost here. I liked the movie, had to suspend belief alot, but it was very much like an upscale version of 24.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 7th, 2011, 5:06 am #3

Ewww, once in awhile hsb sneaks in a real loser, this time it was the A Team. Sucko, but at least he admits it and we put it back in the envelope after 10 minutes. Gotta check the list more often I guess!

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 8th, 2011, 2:41 am #4

Krystal! I can't believe that YOU watched The A-Team! LOLOLOL!!! :lmfao:

I wouldn't watch that one if you paid me. The t.v. series was bad enough. I'm surprised you made it 10 minutes.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

January 8th, 2011, 5:28 am #5

Well, I watched 10 minutes of it then barfed. Hsb turned it off after 12 minutes!!!

lexilou
Elite Members

January 8th, 2011, 2:36 pm #6

Vampires Suck. The title pretty much sums up the movie. It's a spoof, and apparently I do not like those, but I thought it would be fun - sort of a guilt pleasure movie. Not really.

tgir
Site Admin

January 9th, 2011, 6:49 pm #7

My guilty pleasure (and very mood specific) was Hot Tub Time Machine. I guarantee that Krystal would hate it. My 25 year old son liked it and is a bit perplexed that I picked it out (very, very mood specific) but says, oh, well: dad likes chick flicks (a vast overstatement, but hubby does go against stereotype male sometimes).

Hubby and sons used to watch The A Team on tv back in the day and I was dead sure I was going to be dragged to see it just as I was dragged to see Clash of the Titans (bad, bad, bad. Poor, poor, poor Liam Neeson was obviously deep in mourning when he agreed to make Titans and A Team). Somehow, we just got too busy. I still really expected it to be a Christmas present to either hubby or one of my sons from...somebody. Then I heard the DVD was still pretty expensive for what it is (Honestly, isn't a $5 too expensive for that particular DVD???). I would have only agreed to attempt to watch it for Liam Neeson but I'll watch almost any thing he's in, or at least try to.

BTW, he's in a new film (not sure if it's released yet) called Unknown, with January Jones. I've seen the trailer and will probably try to see it in theaters when it plays. It 's a mystery/thriller......

Krystal
Site Admin

January 9th, 2011, 8:02 pm #8

No actually, I rather liked Hot Tub a lot better than most comedies. Did surprise me, I was prepared to hate it.

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 9th, 2011, 8:28 pm #9

I was reading Entertainment Weekly at my hairdresser's yesterday and saw they listed The Book of Eli as one of the year's worst movies. LOL!

Glad to hear that you guys liked Hot Tub Time Machine. I assumed I would hate it as well but now maybe I'll give it chance when it comes to HBO or Showtime. I do love me some John Cusack.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

January 9th, 2011, 9:30 pm #10

Hot Tub, not profound but entertaining.

I like Eli quite a bit. Love me my Denzel.