Marg
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2017, 6:14 pm #761

I am in agreement that I have disliked Jennifer Lawrence in most movies, except for Winter's Bone...where she was excellent. I agree she is not an exceptional actress and has often been miscast..
Last edited by Marg on January 2nd, 2017, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 3rd, 2017, 4:41 am #762

Had The Misfortune of watching The Intern well it was actually not totally watch but it was on during dinner this weekend and I was fussing around the kitchen. I frankly don't understand Robert De Niro who has to have much money by not taking such insipid rolls. The movie absolutely made me gag. And it makes me wonder if De Niro has lost his mind taking such a stupid stupid part. When capable actors tables like this I wonder who gave them such bad advice.

tgir
Site Admin

January 3rd, 2017, 11:16 am #763

I didn't hate The Intern, which I watched solely for DeNiro. Mostly, it is a trivial film, as sadly, most are. I thought it was a small nod to what the younger generation still has to learn from the older generation.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 3rd, 2017, 8:37 pm #764

I have to learn not to make terrible films and De Niro certainly wasn't holding an example in this one. Ugh ugh ugh

Krystal
Site Admin

January 11th, 2017, 4:52 am #765

We rented Deepwater Horizon and I liked it a lot. Even though you knew the story I kept you on the edge of your seat. There was plenty of action and before the action started it really educated you as to what these rigs do and I really thought that was a good thing. This is a movie you could take almost anybody to.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm #766

Jason Bourne, why do I keep getting these movies? I guess I forget how bad they are. 2 hours of nothing but car chases and him running again minimal plot pretty bad.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 17th, 2017, 8:50 pm #767

I feel like the only one who ever rent movies here but anyhow we rented the accountant last and I really liked it. It had a lot of action but it actually had a plot and a good one at that. It was slightly over two hours long but it did not seem like it need edited it really I was perfect. And the co star was the guy who was killed off originally from The Walking Dead I think his name is Bergdahl in any case he was very good this was the best role I had ever seen him in

tgir
Site Admin

January 23rd, 2017, 3:11 am #768

Saw Hidden Figures --very very good film. Deserves all the hype and attention and awards. Very strong female leads, exciting, compelling stories not generally told. KMInfinity would be especially interested, I think.

tgir
Site Admin

January 28th, 2017, 1:52 am #769

Has anyone seen La La Land? What did you think? Is the controversy over A Dog's Purpose keeping anyone away from seeing that? Both are playing locally--I'm a little surprised about La La Land but not A Dog's Purpose.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

January 28th, 2017, 2:08 am #770

I had no plans to see A Dogs Purpose in the theater. I cant do sad movies in a theater and I know for sure I would cry on this one. I will probably still watch it at some point but the controversy has dampened my view on it for sure. I'm not at the point of a boycott or any of that but the video does look bad. I may read the book first now.