Krystal
Site Admin

May 10th, 2011, 3:20 pm #71

Tourist, ugh, we rented it and could not get through 45 minutes even with the 2 lovely looking stars. A sleeper good one is "Nebel Son", kind of a black comedy but thoughtful and a bit of a hiest thrown in. Hard to explain but surprisingly entertaining.

Cheryl
Elite Members

May 15th, 2011, 4:21 am #72

Hubby and I saw Thor today. OMG, that dude is so frickin' hot! I love superhero movies so was not disappointed. There was a lot of humor in it as well which I loved AND Anthony Hopkins as the dad was awesome. And not to mention lots of cool special effects. Not as good as Iron Man though. Saw the trailer for Green Lantern. OMG, Ryan Reynolds! :wub1:

Yes. I'm shallow. And proud of it. :P

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

May 19th, 2011, 4:46 am #73

Thor is not on my list.

Finally saw King's Speech, what a great movie for sure. Firth deserved the award. Made me think I need to go back and relearn some history.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 20th, 2011, 3:08 pm #74

OK, so we got Black Swan. Amazing performance, but I was confused about the last 1/2 hour or so. What happened? How did she end up stabbing herself? Was this stress from getting the job or did she flip from the drug? Did the lesbian sex really occur?

I don't like it when movies go over into the fantasy area and you don't know what is what.

Dax
Site Admin

May 20th, 2011, 3:22 pm #75

Her mother really messed her up. And then the pressure of the job...

I was a little confused by the blood appearing if -reality- she didn't have a knife with which to stab herself... she couldn't have danced as much of the performance as she did if she had a big open wound (that we're just not seeing...)

No, much of what we saw towards the end wasn't 'real'...

I liked the movie.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 20th, 2011, 6:42 pm #76

I liked it very much but really was confused at the ending. Was she really injured?

Yes, the mother was a real trip wasn't she? Great acting all around. I never liked Portman much but have to say, she dserved the Oscar for this one.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 20th, 2011, 10:24 pm #77

Krystal wrote:I liked it very much but really was confused at the ending. Was she really injured?
She died at the end of Black Swan. The poor kid was totally messed up ... probably sever bi-polar (personality/split-personality disorder) along with anorexic.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 26th, 2011, 2:53 pm #78

Having just seen Swan, friends told us about a 94 movie with Porter who was about 12 at the time, "Leon The Professional". This was really good, the kid's family was killed and this hit man took her in. I recc it for sure. Kind of stylish, decent plot good acting.

Also recc "Taking Chance", sad movie but true about returning the remains of a soldier killed in action. Kevin bacon stars and directed. Really informing and heart wrenching but should be seen by everyone. Keep a hankie handy.

Dax
Site Admin

May 26th, 2011, 8:40 pm #79

Yeah, The Professional (original US title, 'Leon' elsewhere, and then both for a dvd re-release/re-edit) is a great, great movie, and was Portman's debut.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

May 28th, 2011, 5:11 pm #80

Saw I Am Number Four last nite OnDemand. I liked it a lot. I think it's much better than the reviews suggest. Lots of wit and humor (a la Buffy, thanks to Marti Noxon), a nice scifi plot, and some excellent action sequences.

It never hurts to have a cute dog, imo.

And Timothy Olyphant in the Obi-wan mentor role sealed the deal.
iii
iii
iii