tgir
Site Admin

March 27th, 2011, 2:55 pm #61

New(ish) on DVD. Film came out sometime 2010; DVD has been out for a bit, not sure how long. We don't get to the movie rental place very often so I don't really know when it came to dvd. It's on the new release shelves at our local video rental place but things tend to stay on that shelf for a good long time.

Definitely not art and if you blink you'll miss Kiefer and maybe even D'Abarnville who has maybe 2 scenes and a few lines.

tgir
Site Admin

March 28th, 2011, 4:57 am #62

Also watched The Switch with Jennier Aniston and Jason Bateman. It was my weekend for light, mindless stuff I guess. Honestly, I only wanted to see it for Bateman, who was really good. I am not much of a fan of Jennier Aniston but Bateman worked well and his scenes with the kid were really good, and believable. The part of the film to watch is the developing relationship between Bateman's character and the kid, Sebastian, played quite well by Thomas Robinson. Premise is silly and insulting on some levels but the relationship between Bateman's character and the kid is realistic and quite touching.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 29th, 2011, 10:08 pm #63

We rented "A Serious Man" very strange dark movie about a downtorodden Jewish guy that everyone seemed to use as a doormat. I enjoyed it (if that is the right term), I think anyone who is Jewish or is familair with jewish culture should see it.

tgir
Site Admin

March 29th, 2011, 10:37 pm #64

I really liked A Serious Man. My husband hated it--thought it was too slow. I thought it was quietly deadly hilarious, in a very awful way.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 31st, 2011, 5:17 am #65

Me too.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 5th, 2011, 1:41 am #66

Man, I really liked "The Next 3 Days" with Russel Crowe. Lots of action and suspense. Only had to suspend belief a little.

blosslover
Site Admin

April 5th, 2011, 2:46 am #67

Finally saw The Hurt Locker over the weekend. I can understand why that movie was so highly rated as it was very immersing.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 5th, 2011, 3:26 pm #68

Hurt Locker was very impressive.

Just saw a real loser, "Skyline", very bad Sci Fi.

tgir
Site Admin

April 9th, 2011, 4:52 am #69

Saw Unstoppable. I am a huge Denzel Washington fan which is why I picked this for my Fri. night viewing. Pretty good--some excitement and suspense. Actors were all very good in their roles but the stars were the trains. I know nothing about trains so I cannot comment on how realistic any of the events of the film (although supposedly based, however closely/loosely on real events) reflect reality. Not high art, but pretty good, even if it was a bit slow to start.

One thing that I liked is that it didn't bang you over the head with any of the relationship stuff. It was all there, but played a very secondary role to the task of stopping a train.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 10th, 2011, 1:14 am #70

DenzelTGIR, I felt the same way. I didn't know ifjm this really could happen but went along for the ride so to speak. The trains were awesome. I liked all of the action also and that the relationships were secondary. Just a good movie to sit and watch and not have to do a terrible amount of analysis about. I almost always love Denzel.