Krystal
Site Admin

March 6th, 2011, 4:34 pm #51

Splice was different all right, but I liked it a lot.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 8th, 2011, 3:39 am #52

Finally saw Burlesque on pay-per-view. Biggest waste of $4.99 EVER. I was prepared to enjoy it despite the bad reviews. There was nothing to enjoy. Even Cher couldn't save this godawful movie. HAWW-RIBLE!!!

The only slightly good thing I can say is that Christina Aguilera looks surprisingly young and fresh in the movie.....about ten years younger than she looks right now. I don't know what she's going through in her personal life but her looks have changed drastically in the two years since the movie was filmed. I hope she gets her shit together once again because she really does have an amazing voice.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

March 8th, 2011, 2:38 pm #53

Cheryl wrote:Finally saw Burlesque on pay-per-view. Biggest waste of $4.99 EVER.
Oh I wanted to see that but I'll hold off for FREE.

I'm so sorry Christina Aguilera has hit the wall right now. I just love her voice. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 21st, 2011, 3:03 am #54

Hubby and I actually went to the theater today and saw The Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConoughey, Marisa Tomei, and Ryan Phillipe. I have to say, this is the best role MM has played in years! I had forgotten how really good he could be. (OMG, when A Time to Kill came out, I was in love!) He plays a rather sleazy but likable criminal defense attorney who gets sucked into a case that seriously wreaks havoc on his life. At any rate, two thumbs up. It's a good thriller, lots of great supporting characters like William H. Macy as his private investigator, the hubby liked it, and a big plus--we didn't fall asleep in the movie theater!

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

March 21st, 2011, 3:57 am #55

I am hoping to see The Lincoln Lawyer soonish.... glad to hear that it's pretty decent.

I did finally see The King's Speech and really loved it. How wonderful to see Helena Bonham Carter not look like a creature from a Tim Burton film. She is quite a wonderful actress if in the right role.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 21st, 2011, 10:29 pm #56

NY Times liked the LL, said it was the best thing MM had done in well, forever. Kind of a back handed review in that they pointed out all the fluff and crap he has done for quite a few years, but they really thought he was back in form with this one. It's on my list for sure. he is great eye candy but I can''t bear the romantic comedy disasters he has been cast in for quite awhile.

Dax
Site Admin

March 21st, 2011, 11:06 pm #57

>> How wonderful to see Helena Bonham Carter not look like a creature from a Tim Burton film.

Yeah, she's done a few of those now...

>> She is quite a wonderful actress if in the right role.

I strongly agree.

Haven't seen The King's Speech yet. Looking forward to it.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 25th, 2011, 4:49 am #58

"Unstoppable" the train movie with Denzel. I really liked this movie though it was a bit scant on plot. The action was kind of believable, and I guess i just like Denzel in most things. Don't look for any prfound story lines, just a run away train in Pa and the action to stop it.

tgir
Site Admin

March 27th, 2011, 4:14 am #59

Just had to say that I just watched Morning Glory on DVD and saw not one but TWO GL alums: Patti D'Arbanville, who played Rachel McAdams' mother and Liz Kiefer, who, unfortunately, was just background but clearly Jeff Goldblum's wife. GREAT to see Liz, who looked too beautiful to be just background. And great to see Patti D'Arbanville, who looked very beautiful and younger than during her stint on GL. How is that possible?

Movie was pretty average. Didn't much like Harrison Ford in it: he looks ill and he mumbled a lot. I thought since he portrayed a tv news reporter, he would have taken more care with how he spoke rather than mumble (caveat: I don't hear as well as I used to, and that is surely a part of my opinion).

Definitely a movie rather than a film. It wasn't as good as it should have been but was about what I expected. I always really like Rachel McAdams who is beautiful and who always looks like she's having a great time.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 27th, 2011, 6:03 am #60

TGIR, is this a new release or an older film?