Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 6th, 2013, 9:44 pm #411

Dax, it looks like you and I have the exact same taste in comedy.

Just saw Christmas Vacation on Thanksgiving with kid and husband. It never gets old.

I think over Christmas Break I'm going to make sure Ashley has seen some of the 'classic' comedies. I feel it's my job to make sure the kid is educated in good TV, movies and music. I know I've done my job with music because she knows every 70-80s band that is worth a poop. TV I've also done really good with ... Buffy, Angel, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones (oops ... she got me into that). Now movies is questionable. She has Netflix and I know she's seen a lot but I'm not sure about some of the older comedies.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

December 6th, 2013, 10:05 pm #412

Well, I'll bet we match on a lot, sure, but I don't know ANY two people that have the 'exact same taste in comedy'.

It's always interesting to see what is funny to people, and what isn't... sometimes I'll be surprised by a usually-closely-matched friend... Wait, you love ______, you like _____, but you didn't like ______? But... it's the same STYLE...

Krystal
Site Admin

December 6th, 2013, 10:24 pm #413

I hated the Fockers only saw the one. I also hate Ben Stiller and the guy from the Office that does a lot of comedy.

I really rent very few comedy movies, watch none on TV. I nearly get violent if I have to listen to a laugh track, although i don't mind a live audience interaction like Colbert or Daily. I used to like Scrubs, that is the only TV comedy I think I ever watched, like ever, except when i was a kid and forced to watch some lame ass show my mother picked.

Some of Ferrel's movies have been OK but the only one I really liked was Anchorman, as it was really true to the times, and the asshole that he played could have gone to dental school with me.

If anyone here has not seen Napolean Dynamite, I highly recc it.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 6th, 2013, 10:40 pm #414

Dax wrote:Well, I'll bet we match on a lot, sure, but I don't know ANY two people that have the 'exact same taste in comedy'.

It's always interesting to see what is funny to people, and what isn't... sometimes I'll be surprised by a usually-closely-matched friend... Wait, you love ______, you like _____, but you didn't like ______? But... it's the same STYLE...
Yeah yeah yeah ... I guess I shouldn't use the word EXACTLY with you. :P

Hubby and I have a lot of the same taste in comedy but sometimes he is like a little boy and likes the stuff I just can't get into.

Dax
Site Admin

December 6th, 2013, 11:50 pm #415

>> I also hate Ben Stiller

Love him.

>> and the guy from the Office that does a lot of comedy.

Love him. But you probably liked him (Steve Carell) in Anchorman, right?

>> If anyone here has not seen Napolean Dynamite, I highly rec it.

I liked it, but understand why some couldn't get into it. And I do think that some of its fans might love it TOO much... it was neat because it was a 'little' movie that hit REALLY 'big'... but in doing so, I think it might have become a bit 'overrated', too... but I love Napoleon yelling at Tina to come get her tots. That's very funny.

It's a shame you're adverse to all-things-animated, because the six episodes of the Napoleon Dynamite animated show were really well done... same cast, same style (heightened just a wee bit, maybe).

Krystal
Site Admin

December 17th, 2013, 10:24 pm #416

We rented "now You See Me". and OK heist movie, reminded me of the Italian Job. We picked it as the cuz was here and they ar not into sex or profanity or zombies etc. That leaves out 90% of what I would choose :)
This was a good "family" movie, was pg 13 but more like pg to me.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 24th, 2013, 5:04 am #417

"Two Guns". Denzel. Didn't know if it wanted to be a caper movie, a comedy, violent, or a cop show. Just OK B-

Elysium. Not too bad, somewhat thought provoking. Is the US Elysium? I need for Gate, TGIR and KMI to see this and have a dialog.

Dax
Site Admin

December 26th, 2013, 6:28 am #418

The Great Gatsby (2013, 3D) - Nice. Very beautiful to look at.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 26th, 2013, 4:19 pm #419

Dax wrote:The Great Gatsby (2013, 3D) - Nice. Very beautiful to look at.
We rented it from Netflix and it crapped out on us 1/2 way through. I must rent it again. It was beautiful and very well done. I was actually surprised how much I like it. Huge fan of Robert Redford version and the book. :wub:

Dax
Site Admin

December 27th, 2013, 8:23 am #420

World War Z -- Great fun. Lots to like.