Gatekeeper
Site Admin

February 25th, 2013, 11:37 pm #311

Dax wrote:Kind of a 'Wow, can this be right?' - Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln is the first winning performance from a Steven Spielberg film.
Really? I can't believe that. Very strange.

Silver Linings Playbook is the only movie I saw out of the list and I loved it. I'm going to see most of the others on DVD or something when they come around.

Hathaway's dress didn't do it for me and the darts in front did not go over well on TV.

I don't think I ever saw Halle Berry not look stunning. She is just beautiful ... not sure she's not cray-cray in real life but beautiful.

I watched most of the show live. Big ugh. I hate watching things live. The last 1/2 hour is for tonight ... which should be the 'good stuff'. I had fun googling all the ages of the women as the show went on and kept going 'Crap she's almost as old as I am ... How did that happen".

Did anyone see Renee Zellwinger right before the show started at the end of the Red Carpet Show? I was shocked by her looks. I barely recognized her and not in a good way. She just looked 'different'. I LOVED Jennifer Anistons dress but I thought her hair looked eh and her eyes had bags ... also I'm not sure she wasn't stoned or something. Oh well ... till next year!

Last edited by Gatekeeper on February 25th, 2013, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

February 26th, 2013, 4:52 am #312

I saw both Argo and Lincoln and I think Argo was a better film. I am not much of a Daniel Day Lewis fan and I think that colored it for me. Sally Field was excellent as was Jackie Weaver. So was DeNiro, which pretty much goes without saying.

I thought Jennifer Lawrence looked stunning and to tell the truth, her trip on the stairs only added to her charm. I loved her speech and saw her interview after and fell even more in love with her. I don't know that she should have won as best actress for her performance, but I think she should simply win for best actor. Period. Because she seems to be a genuinely sincere, down to earth, normal person who is also incredibly talented. I am honestly happy for her. I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty or The Impossible, but want to see both. Also really, really want to see The Master. I understand that Amy Adams was terrific.

I loved most of the gowns. Saw Octavia Spencer whose gown was stunning, absolutely stunning and perfect for her. I am particularly impressed as she is not a stick figure, but she is beautiful and knows how to dress. I saw Jennifer Aniston walking on her way to a party and yes, she looked awful. I figured it had been a long night.

Dax
Site Admin

February 26th, 2013, 6:09 am #313

The Master comes out on disc Tuesday... I'll probably watch it next Sunday. Anxious. Love PTA's films.

I share your appreciation of Lawrence (though I haven't seen SLP yet). She's super-charming.

tgir
Site Admin

February 26th, 2013, 1:44 pm #314

Dax, thanks for the heads up re: The Master release. Will watch for it!

Krystal
Site Admin

February 26th, 2013, 7:21 pm #315

I also forgot about the Master and want to see that as well. Renee Z has had so much facial alterations she looks like someone else now, and not someone very pretty.

I think I will like Argo best, but we will see.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 4th, 2013, 3:17 pm #316

"Killer Joe", wow, violent, dark and MM was fabulous in it New respect for him as an actor. He sure did play a psycho in this one...

Krystal
Site Admin

March 4th, 2013, 9:07 pm #317

Oh and "Fake" starring the guy who plays Nolan on Revenge. Not bad, he fakes great art then gets into a nasty deal. Decent suspense.

Marg
Site Admin

March 4th, 2013, 9:15 pm #318

Finally got around to seeing Winter's Bone this weekend -- what a dark, depressing movie!! But Jennifer Lawrence was excellent. Now I am looking forward to seeing her in Silver Linings Playbook.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 14th, 2013, 1:14 am #319

Trespass, Richard Gere and Nicole Kidman. An OK home invasion movie, sort of predictable but way better than Taken 2.

Salmon Fishing in Yemen. Fairly enjoyable, rather light. Surprised as Hell it got all the notice that it did get. Worth seeeing but not amazing.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 18th, 2013, 10:22 pm #320

The Paperboy, wow is this one ROUGH. What a bunch of low life characters, sleezy, disgusting.
Violent and insulting to women. Kidman, I have never seen her pull something like this off, and McConehey (sp!), another brutal performance from him. Cusak in a role which makes you loathe him...