Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 17th, 2011, 11:29 pm #31

Krystal wrote:I was thinking the same thing about network Gate. They sure made those twins out to be jerks, dad is a Billionaire or whatever and these guys are suing for an idea they threw out but never worked on.

It really held my interest.
During the credits at the end it said the twins got 65 million bucks. I guess that has to be true but WTH?
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 18th, 2011, 12:46 am #32

Now they want more, they are trying to get the judgement put aside and get more money (saw this in NY Times). Greedy shits for sure. They must be insufferable.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 20th, 2011, 5:12 am #33

Resident Evil, Afterlife. Well, we made it through 10 minutes. I could watch Machete with the decapitations, but a movie starting with the woman decapitating people while spining off walls and ceilings, not for me. Once something gets too cartoony, I just can't handle it.

Dax
Site Admin

January 20th, 2011, 6:15 am #34

I haven't seen it yet, but I liked the first three well enough, and would expect more of the same from the franchise. If I hadn't liked those, I wouldn't rent the fourth, I'm sure...

Krystal
Site Admin

January 21st, 2011, 5:18 am #35

I never saw any of the others, didn't even know they existed.

Also really bad, Knight and Day with Diaz and Cruise. We made it to about 20 minutes on this one. It got panned really badly with good reason. I have to keep my hsb off the Blockbuster website I guess.

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 22nd, 2011, 3:28 am #36

Marg wrote:Saw 'Inception' -- didn't like it all; also saw 'The King's Speech' -- thought the acting was excellent, but do realize that for some there may not be enough action/plot to hold their interest..
Marg--I want to see The King's Speech so bad! I'm trying to talk hubby into it but we probably won't go until after the frickin' football playoffs. Rosie O'Donnell swears it's the best movie of the year and then my boss started raving about it at lunch the other day and said he also thinks it's one of the best movies he's seen in a while. Makes me really want to see it......unlike Inception.....lol.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

January 25th, 2011, 4:58 am #37

Two older movies, but not classics which we rewatched were Pitch Black, a way good Sci Fi, and Needfull Things, an older Stephen King movie. I liked both a lot for what they were, we had no new Blockbuster movies and no TV that we have not watched.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 26th, 2011, 4:51 am #38

Wow, one I was nuts over. "The Experiment", Adrian Brody and Forrest Whittaker. Whit again playing the lunatic he does so well, this is a psychological thriller and one of the best in a long time.

tgir
Site Admin

January 26th, 2011, 4:55 am #39

Saw the trailer for that one, Krystal. It looked very intense and scary. Not sure I will try it although I do really like Forrest Whittaker.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 27th, 2011, 4:58 am #40

It is intense and scary because it really makes you think about how thin the veneer of civilization is and how easily it can be destroyed. Still, it is really well done and well acted and if you can stomach it, it is really worth watching.