Krystal
Site Admin

April 17th, 2012, 5:22 am #241

Moneyball. Snooze. Duller than a real game. I don't get the awards this one got, it put me into a coma.

tgir
Site Admin

April 26th, 2012, 3:23 am #242

Hubby and I just watched Drive, which was good but be forewarned: it's also very, very bloody.

Has some of my favorite actors in it: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan ( I always love her), Christina Hendricks! as well as Albert Brooks, and Bryan Cranston. Just read that the author of the book (James Sallis) this film was based on has written a sequel. I am anticipating a film sequel as well. I'd see it.

Krystal, hubby and I didn't like Moneyball as much as I thought we would. It wasn't bad, but it didn't grab my attention. Hubby used to be a big, big, big baseball fan, and is an economist so I would have thought it was a slam dunk. It just was kind of slow.

blosslover
Site Admin

April 27th, 2012, 12:44 am #243

Over the weekend I saw MI:4, Tower Heist and You Again. The first two were Redbox purchases, and due to a fluke when trying to get MI:4, got three free codes for other rentals. With Tower Heist it was annoying that the rental copy did not allow you to see the two codas.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 9th, 2012, 8:05 pm #244

We attempted to watch Tnker tailor but found it so dull we couldn't get past the first hour. I really don't know how they choose some of these pix for the Awards, I thought Moneyball was sull as well, but not nearly as painful as this one.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 16th, 2012, 7:02 pm #245

The Grey, Liam Neeson, very good movie. A tough survivor type movie, bleak surroundings.
Frank Grillo also had a lage part and was surprisingly good. I never liked him but have to admit he did a good job on this one.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 6th, 2012, 1:16 am #246

Rented the Thatcher (Streep) movie. Streep sounds the same wether she is playing Julia Child or Marg thacher. I am not impressed. This movie was a clunker as was Edgar.

Dax
Site Admin

June 6th, 2012, 1:47 am #247

The Iron Lady.

J. Edgar

For those interested in the titles...

(I haven't seen either, but I don't agree that Streep always sounds the same)

Krystal
Site Admin

June 6th, 2012, 2:50 am #248

Thank you Dax, I was so underwhelmed I didn't pay much attention to the titles. She sure did sound like she portrayed Childs in this one, I thought.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 7th, 2012, 1:04 am #249

I know you guys get tired of hearing me carp about movies but here is one I loved "Woman in Black" Daniel Radciffe in this very spooky haunted house movie. Beautiful scary location, not terrribly gruesome and didn't need huge aliens and stuff to scare the crap out of you.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2012, 12:45 am #250

I also liked Take Shelter, though it was a tad long, very good performances.

Red Tails, very disappointing. The dialog was grade schoool and I don't think the movie really showed how much BS these guys had to put up with regarding their race. Great flying though.