Krystal
Site Admin

January 12th, 2011, 4:50 am #21

I did, and Mirren did a fab job, but I found it a bit dull.

tgir
Site Admin

January 12th, 2011, 5:12 am #22

I agree with Krystal. Mirren was wonderful, as always. The film was a bit dull--low key might be a better word. Or dull. I could go with dull. Put it this way, I had forgotten that I had seen it until Krystal mentioned Mirren.

lexilou
Elite Members

January 12th, 2011, 1:18 pm #23

I heard she was good so that's why I wanted to see it. I won't watch it with high expectations for story though, thanks.

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 13th, 2011, 3:39 am #24

Gatekeeper wrote:Just saw 'All about Steve' with Sandra Bullock, Thomas Haden Church, & Bradley Cooper. I really wanted to like it but it was TERRIBLE.

I also got around to watching 'W'. I thought it was good and fascinating. I'm sure if you liked W the man you wouldn't care for the movie.
Gate--I thought it was terrible, too! And such a great cast, what a shame. We recorded it but didn't even finish watching. I'll have to give W a try. The only reason I didn't record it was because I can't stand Dubya. :P

Krystal--I can't wait to see Machete! I love Robert Rodriguez movies.......and Danny Trejo, who the hubby and I always refer to as the "Are you a Mexi-can or a Mexi-can't" guy. Desperado and Sin City are two of my all-time fave RR movies. I never mind the violence because it's so cartoonish and over the top.

And you can count me in as one who thought the "football movie" (The Blind Side) was overrated. As much as I like Sandra Bullock, it just wasn't an Oscar worthy role to me. But I was still happy for her, especially in light of what happened days afterward.
Last edited by Cheryl on January 13th, 2011, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

January 13th, 2011, 4:32 am #25

I really like Sandra Bullock, but wouldn't consider watching that Steve movie which looked awful and also never saw Blind Side.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 13th, 2011, 5:29 am #26

I was glad she got the award too, but more for her body of work than the Blind Side. It was kind of "eh", OK but not great.

Machete rocks, and I agree about the violence, it is not to be taken seriously. Much less disturbing than a rape scene or something realistic.
The parody goes on and on, and the more you get into it the funnier it is.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 17th, 2011, 5:14 am #27

"Social Network", I like it a lot. Thought it was a good movie plus I learned things I did not know.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 17th, 2011, 11:11 am #28

Loved 'Social Network'. It was a fun movie with a great plot. I would love to know which parts are true and which parts aren't but I keep reading conflicting reports but either was great movie. :D
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Marg
Site Admin

January 17th, 2011, 2:16 pm #29

'Social Network' and 'Barney's Version' are two movies I do want to see.

Saw 'Inception' -- didn't like it all; also saw 'The King's Speech' -- thought the acting was excellent, but do realize that for some there may not be enough action/plot to hold their interest..

Krystal
Site Admin

January 17th, 2011, 3:25 pm #30

I was thinking the same thing about network Gate. They sure made those twins out to be jerks, dad is a Billionaire or whatever and these guys are suing for an idea they threw out but never worked on.

It really held my interest.