Krystal
Site Admin

December 1st, 2011, 11:57 pm #181

Wonder why the are ditching Closer? I do think Kyra is good. Did she want out? I have a love/hate relationship with Raydor, it could be OK. Do you know if they are keeping any of the guys? I like the ensemble a lot and her right hand man (name eludes me, the black guy) is too cute. I also like the older guys too. I never cared for Brenda's family and hated the shows that focused on them.

Dax
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2011, 12:28 am #182

Yeah, Sedgwick felt like it was the right time... http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... view_n.htm

Sounds like most of the other players are involved - http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/popcorn ... 68034.html

tgir
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2011, 4:16 am #183

Thanks, Dax. I am still a little confused. Early on, I think I read the article you linked and thought Closer would be around summer 2012. But more recently, it sounds like the series will end early 2012 (at the end of this set of episodes) and no summer run. I hope not. I can see that it is probably time to wind things down, for the series but will miss it when it goes. I only hope it ends well.

Excited for McDonnell's role in the spin off. I always like her and don't think she gets enough work.

Lol Krystal. I like Brenda's parents, but only in small doses. I think it's a hoot that she's still worried about disappointing her daddy.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2011, 5:14 am #184

Yeah it really annoyed me that an adult professional woman would behave like a naughty 10 year old when her parents disapproved. It just made me want to slap her.

It looks like they are going to keep most of the cast. We'll see if McDonnell can pull it off. She is a good actor, and the ensemble works, if the writing is strong enough it might fly.

I didn't know why Prime Suspect got canned so quickly as I thought the shows were similar and Bello is as good as Sedgwick (in my opinion anyhow).
Last edited by Krystal on December 2nd, 2011, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2011, 6:55 am #185

>> But more recently, it sounds like the series will end early 2012 (at the end of this set of episodes) and no summer run.

Hm. I didn't see anywhere that the plan's changed, if it has. Current set of 15 runs through 12/26... I believe there are supposed to still be six coming in 2012 (perhaps filmed already?). Next Monday will be the 100th episode... should close with 109, total.
Last edited by Dax on December 2nd, 2011, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 3rd, 2011, 3:57 pm #186

McDonnell's addition has me adding The Closer to my list of "someday to watch." And now she may lead a spin-off? ooohhh...
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

tgir
Site Admin

December 3rd, 2011, 7:20 pm #187

I think Prime Suspect would have been better if it either avoided being shopped as an American version of the British Prime Suspect with the incomparable Helen Mirren or or if were a better imitation of the original. As it was, I went in with high hopes and was very, very disappointed.

I did think that Bello was fine, but there was nothing about this show that made me interested in watching more. Plot, story, characters were totally forgettable to me. It's certainly not the worst thing I've seen, but it's not really good, either, imo. It's one of those things I won't notice missing.

While IRL, a grown woman being so undone at the prospect of her parents' disapproval would be beyond annoying. I think it was added as a way to see a chink in Brenda's armor. It would have gotten really old really fast as a steady diet but once or twice a season was fine. It was good to see someone able to completely stand up to her, see through her and see Brenda and not Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 7th, 2011, 5:09 am #188

"Cowboys and Alines". Just saw it, did anyone else? I liked it even though it had every cliche from every action, Western and Sci Fi film ever made. Good cast. Wow, Craig was ripped for this one. Talk about suspending belief, loved it when Craig jumped onto an alien spacecraft.... from a horse.....

tgir
Site Admin

December 7th, 2011, 12:24 pm #189

Yes, saw it and loved it. Although I am surprised you did, Krystal!

Krystal
Site Admin

December 8th, 2011, 1:49 am #190

TGIR, I will watch almost any kind of Alien invasion movie, and there are so few good ones that I have a different standard for them I think. But somehow the movie, well, worked. It was hokey and ridculous in some ways, but sheer entertaiinment.