Krystal
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 4:46 am #171

I am still waiting for Super 8 and Cowboys and Aliens to be released.....

Krystal
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 4:47 am #172

I meant for rental of curse, I never go to the theater.....

Dax
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 4:58 am #173

I got my copy of Super 8 the other day, but won't have time to watch it for a few weeks...

tgir
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 1:11 pm #174

A few weeks???????

Dax, you must be very busy.

Dax
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 3:03 pm #175

Well, I work 7 or 8 days a week, and then, you know, I watch a lot of tv, and keeping the dvr from exploding takes precedence over dvd watching - that's how I haven't seen hardly ANY movies in the last eight years or so, choosing tv over movies...

But I did watch a bunch over the summer (that I've procrastinated writing little bits about, but I'm going to do that), and I plan to watch at least a few over my 'winter break'...

blosslover
Site Admin

November 30th, 2011, 6:15 pm #176

OLTL did a Cowboys and Aliens ad during the show about it being on DVD...

I tend to choose television over movies too, but as of late I've been seeing more movies.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 1st, 2011, 4:57 am #177

We only watch about 5 or 6 max TV shows, so we end up watching a movie a week, more during breaks and summer. A lot of them are losers as I often review but I consider usually as good at least as a lot of lame series.

Right now we are wacthing SOA, soon to be ended (and will pick up Justified), Good Wife,
Revenge, POI. These are the only 4 we watch all of the time. I have a bunch of Walking Dead and Horror Story waiting for the break, and a couple Hell on Wheels, but I know there were not many of those made. I like Prime Suspect but it's gone so that is that. May add Closer, I have liked it in past but seemed to be getting tired.

So really, only 2 shows I can't miss, SOA and Good Wife.

Dax
Site Admin

December 1st, 2011, 5:48 am #178

It's the final season for The Closer (six more episodes coming next year, leading into a spinoff), so if you've watched it all along, you might as well give it just a bit longer...

tgir
Site Admin

December 1st, 2011, 12:56 pm #179

Thanks, Dax, I kept trying to find an exact count of remaining Closer episodes. Any word about the possible spinoff? Who/what? When? Is it a done deal?

Krystal, I agree that there isn't much to watch on TV that is very good. I am still watching The Closer, and I like Mike and Molly (but that's not quite as strong as it used to be for me) and Big Bang Theory. Some others, but not much that is must see. I think I just don't have as much patience for shows as I used to. Maybe I am just getting old and cranky. Hubby is more willing to actually go to a movie or watch one than he used to be.

Dax, I am sorry you have to work so much. I'd never be able to keep up.
Last edited by tgir on December 1st, 2011, 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

December 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm #180

>> I kept trying to find an exact count of remaining Closer episodes. Any word about the possible spinoff? Who/what? When? Is it a done deal?

Mary McDonnell's the lead... Major Crimes.

>> (from Turner's press release, May 2011) This year marks the beginning of production of the final season of the blockbuster hit The Closer, starring Emmy(R) winner Kyra Sedgwick. TNT confirmed today that it has ordered a 10-episode season of Major Crimes, a series set in the Los Angeles Police Department that promises to become television's next great crime drama. The seventh and final season of The Closer will include 15 episodes in 2011 and six in summer 2012, leading into the launch of Major Crimes, starring Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica). McDonnell has been featured on The Closer as Capt. Raydor, who was often on a collision course with Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, played by Sedgwick. Major Crimes will be executive-produced by James Duff, creator of The Closer, along with Greer Shephard and Michael M. Robin. Major Crimes and The Closer come to TNT from Warner Bros. Television.