Dax
Site Admin

November 9th, 2011, 5:01 pm #161

12/16 for Sherlock Holmes.

I'm anxious to finally get around to seeing Bridesmaids.

I'll be making a rare (only the second this year) trip to a theatre to see The Muppets...

Haven't seen The Avengers trailer yet (and still have to see Captain America and Thor).

blosslover
Site Admin

November 9th, 2011, 6:24 pm #162

Glad I am not the only one looking forward to the Muppets! When I saw the preview at the movie theater I was overly excited.

Dax
Site Admin

November 9th, 2011, 7:10 pm #163

I'm a huge Muppets fan, and this looks great... the parody trailers, the OK Go video, the Green Album - all have served to make me happily anxious... I love that this is what Jason Segel wanted to do when Disney wanted to work with him... I like that (Flight of the Conchords') James Bobin is directing and Bret McKenzie wrote most of the new songs...

Very excited. Maybe slightly nervous that Frank Oz didn't approve of the script, but... everything I've seen so far DOES feel like they're doing right by the characters...

I really hope it works, so there can be more. (At the very least, could I have Seasons 4 & 5 released on dvd in the next year, please? And I wouldn't mind having the '96-'97 'Muppets Tonight!' show, too...)

Bonus: There's a new Toy Story short attached to The Muppets...
Last edited by Dax on November 10th, 2011, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

blosslover
Site Admin

November 10th, 2011, 1:07 am #164

I'm going into the new movie not knowing all that much compared to other things. Perhaps I don't want to get my hopes up and become miserable when things go wrong. Was at a Disney store last weekend, and they played some of the green album when I was there and now they have Beaker stuffed animals (LOL)

The Muppets were my first television love... Ohhh I didn't know about the Toy Story short! I wish they would make seasons 4 and 5 available on DVD already. It is rather annoying. Did you read Street Gang, which was a great book not just about Sesame Street.

Dax
Site Admin

November 10th, 2011, 1:39 am #165

Haven't read Street Gang, no, but I knew of it... I do love the Jim Henson: The Works, Sesame Street Unpaved, and Creature Workshop Designs & Doodles books...
Last edited by Dax on November 10th, 2011, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 14th, 2011, 5:03 am #166

For fans of the Walking Dead, rent "Flight of thhe Living Dead", sort of campy zombies in the air....

Krystal
Site Admin

November 26th, 2011, 4:30 am #167

The Caller, this one is a twist on the spooky caller movie. Not too bloddy, plenty of suspense. Better than most of it's kind.

Attack the Block, high camp. Aliens invade a run down block in Britain. Luckily, the aliens are sumber and more indept than the residents. Camp alien, sort of..

Krystal
Site Admin

November 28th, 2011, 5:11 am #168

Gingerbread Man, this was a really good rental. Lots of suspense. Reminded me of Cape fear. This one had Robert Downey Jr and Robert DuVall. Lawyer gets mixed with a plot over his head. Minimal bloodshed.

tgir
Site Admin

November 28th, 2011, 5:41 pm #169

Hoping to get to see The Muppets, maybe tonight!

Rented Crazy Stupid Love and enjoyed it for what it is. I really like Steve Carell and Emma Stone. Good performances for this genre. Pretty sure hubby didn't like it as well as I did but it's a rom/com. Manages to be funny and tender in places. Not terribly original. Liked the Emma Stone/Ryan Gosling dynamic very much. Kevin Bacon managed his role without veering into the realm of skeevy. I thought Marisa Tomei was a bit wasted. I wonder what this film would have looked like from the woman's perspective.
Last edited by tgir on November 28th, 2011, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 29th, 2011, 1:57 am #170

We rented Jumping The Broom. I usually hate rom/coms, and this was no exception. I thought it might be more intresting with an African American cast, but they weren't.