Krystal
Site Admin

July 17th, 2011, 8:33 pm #111

Funny, I loved to read Mythology. I especially loved the Roman Gods. But I don't like movies made from them or fantasy movies at all. I did not like LOTR, thought the little guy muttering Precious needed a blast to the head. Didn't like the books either, nor Potter.
I used to love Sci Fi, read all the big authors and I still love Sci Fi movies or TV but there are so few good ones. Watching Falling Skies just cause it is Sci Fi not very good at that.

I hate anything animated, no matter how adult the subject matter or how well done it is. Just hate it, can't explain why. When hsb rents something animated I actually have to leave the room it annoys me so much. Luckily he rarely does.

Maybe cause the Mythology was so richly told, anything we try to do with it is a fialure. kind of like some of the old horror films, as soon as you see the monster, it looks fake and is a let down. Bumps in the night or twisting doornobs are scarier.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 19th, 2011, 4:52 am #112

UGH! We just watched The Rite and it was awful!!!!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

July 19th, 2011, 5:32 am #113

You know what else is a bad movie: Season of the Witch. Just: bad.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 12:24 am #114

Secretariat was great. Old school biopic, and I love horseracing. Diane Lane and John Malkovich were terrific and Margo Martindale had a nice supporting role.
iii
iii
iii

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 12:59 am #115

It's amazing to me to see behind the scenes material (and I don't always look behind the scenes as I want a strong suspension of disbelief) and how it becomes "real."

Jackson's videoblog Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47TXEi0 ... e=youtu.be

And Lee is indeed back. woo.hoo
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 4:56 am #116

The Company Men. I liked this a lot. Very thoughtful. Great cast. Surprised to see "Mr. Echo" as a supporting cast.

Dax
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 5:25 am #117

>> The Company Men. I liked this a lot. Very thoughtful. Great cast.

Looks good. Lots of good people in the cast...

>> Surprised to see "Mr. Echo" as a supporting cast.

Do you mean Eko from Lost (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)? IMDB doesn't list him... but his Oz co-star Eamonn Walker is in it... did you mean him? (Walker played Kareem Said, the Muslim leader; AAA played Adebisi, with the hat that could always impossibly stay on his bald head...)

Krystal
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 3:11 pm #118

As usual you are right. It was Walker. He has picked up a lot of weight and if he doesn't start watching it, he will be right in line with one of theTyler Perry movies. He was formidable in OZ for sure.

Yea, I recc the movie for sure.

Dax
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm #119

I just saw Walker in a couple episodes of Lights Out (the FX boxing drama) as a coach coaxed out of retirement to take on the champ after he had a falling out with his father/usual coach... Walker's guy was really strange, with a gravelly voice... very different from Said, but he's got those always-intense eyes...
Last edited by Dax on July 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 2nd, 2011, 5:30 am #120

I really liked "Limitless". Enough Sci Fi withour being absurd. Somewhat plausible.