Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Dax
Site Admin

October 1st, 2015, 3:21 am #1

Marvel Cinematic Universe so far is twelve movies (the last, Ant-Man, ended 'Phase Two') and three tv series (65 episodes so far - 44 of SHIELD, 8 of Agent Carter, 13 of Daredevil).

Next (13 episode) Netflix series, Jessica Jones, will premiere on 11/20.
A (10 episode) second season of Agent Carter will replace SHIELD in the midseason.

Next movie is Captain America: Civil War, coming out 5/16/16.

SHIELD cast has ten regulars now - Coulson, May, Ward, Skye (now going by Daisy), Fitz, Simmons, Hunter, Bobbi, and (freshly promoted up) Henry Simmons as Alphonso 'Mack' MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Dax
Site Admin

October 3rd, 2015, 4:11 pm #2

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-dama ... 201566243/

Hm. I read at least two (maybe three) of the four miniseries, and they were funny... A half-hour comedy in the MCU? Could be fun...

Dax
Site Admin

November 25th, 2015, 4:54 pm #3

Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability. Get ready to pick a side and join the nonstop action playing out on two fronts when Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War opens in U.S. theaters on May.

First trailer was fun. Glimpse of Black Panther, but not of Spider-Man, yet...

Think I'm one or two behind on SHIELD. I did watch a bunch a couple weeks ago that put me real close to caught up...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 26th, 2015, 1:04 am #4

I hate the word 'accountability.' It's 1984 doublespeak imo for fathead interference. :-(
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

December 22nd, 2015, 1:52 am #5

Just saw 9 & 10, the last before the break...

Kinda fun, the creature inhabiting now-dead Ward, but I don't understand why Phil left his hand behind...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 22nd, 2015, 4:03 am #6

Yeah, kinda dumb. He's ashamed of his vengeful behavior so he leaves expensive tech behind and blames the hand. :P
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

January 17th, 2016, 6:38 pm #7

http://deadline.com/2016/01/marvels-jes ... 201684670/

I still have 7 to go in Season 1, but I should watch a couple today...

So. Netflix Marvel series.

Daredevil 2 - March 18.
Luke Cage - Next.
Iron Fist - They're working on it... He's not yet cast.
The Defenders - Daredevil, Jessica, Luke, Iron Fist crossover miniseries.
Jessica Jones 2
The Punisher

ABC Marvel series -
Agent Carter 2 starts on Tuesday.
SHIELD 3 resumes when it's done.
Pilot ordered for Damage Control, a half-hour comedy.
Pilot ordered for Most Wanted, the Bobbi/Hunter SHIELD spinoff.
John Ridley project continues to be a mystery, but is still in development - http://screenrant.com/marvel-tv-john-ri ... e-project/
Last edited by Dax on January 17th, 2016, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

January 26th, 2016, 7:57 pm #8

Dax
Site Admin

February 25th, 2016, 8:23 pm #9

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/fi ... -iron-fist

Cool.

I like that none of the four are/were household names, but all WERE 'known' to me... Cox from Boardwalk Empire, Ritter from a bunch of things (but her biggest 'name value' credit is still likely Breaking Bad), Colter from The Good Wife, now Jones from GoT...

-
I'm four into Agent Carter 2.
I'm six into Jessica Jones (sigh... been on an unplanned break from it...).
Really eager for Daredevil 2.

Dax
Site Admin

March 10th, 2016, 6:13 pm #10

I was a little down on Whedon's farewell to the MCU, Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The new trailer for Captain America: Civil War looks really, really good, though... It's got my hopes up. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (the Russo brothers' first) was my favorite of the 12 so far, and Cap 1 was strong and different enough that I think that's the best, most consistent 'title' of them all, though I think Downey's Stark is a much more fun character than Evans as Steve Rogers...

Black Panther and Spider-Man both look great.