Martha Byrne's Gotham

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 2nd, 2009, 7:44 pm #1

First, is it ok to post about Gothem here or does it need it's own section? Kind of wondering about the web soaps and where to talk about them.

Did anyone see the first episode?

One thing I'll say for sure is that it did peak my interest and sure made me want more.
Two things though I didn't like and hope they change. The music, don't know if it's just me but the music was so loud I was having problems hearing them talk. So I hope they turn that down.

And I had no idea at all that it was only 3 minutes long. Either this needs to be changed or I'm going to just wait until they have at least 1/2 hour of them done.

Martha has been tweeting up a storm and I did ask her about the music and she told me they were working on it. It is said that you could hear voices of some of the other actors coming up during the first epi.

The music was from Lisa Brown's sons band. So far it looks like the shows will be new every other week (Monday) so the next one is 12/7

I'm looking forward to Venice too.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

December 2nd, 2009, 10:56 pm #2

I saw the first Gothom. It was nice to see MB again. She's like a lifelong friend. Miss her on ATWT.

I expected it to be longer too. The credits were longer than the show. Michael Park is a hard sell as a rich guy after seeing him as Jack all these years.

blosslover
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2009, 11:05 pm #3

I was wondering where we would discuss these web shows too. I am not sure what I thought of the first episode, as it was so short. I hope they update their website with more character bios soon. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm #4

I know what u mean scorpioww, my first thought on seeing him was Jack, where's Carly lol. But it really was nice seeing Martha and man oh man made me miss her as Lily even more than I already do.

blosslover- from what I'm reading online none of the viewers seemed to know ahead of time that it was so short.

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 3rd, 2009, 12:38 am #5

Martha tweeted this link for the series at youtube. I just watched it and the sound quality is so much better than the first time I watched it. I could recognize the voices on the phone and could hear "Lily and Mitz" talking.

Gotham

bilki
Site Admin

December 3rd, 2009, 1:06 am #6

Thanks for that youtube link, lexi. The opening music was a bit obnoxious for what I'm guessing is to be perceived as a soap. And the cliche martini-sipping gay character is disappointing. But it's good to see Martha Byrne, again.

Dax
Site Admin

December 3rd, 2009, 1:17 am #7

>> First, is it ok to post about Gotham here or does it need its own section? Kind of wondering about the web soaps and where to talk about them.

I would say this is the most natural place for Byrne's... Chappell's, on the Days board probably makes the MOST sense, but it wouldn't be out of place on the GL one, of course (which should probably move to 'defunct soaps' one of these days)...

Haven't watched it yet... I'd rather wait 'til 3 or 4 are up - I'm sure they'll archive, it's not going to be any kind of 'You ONLY have a week to watch, and then it's gone' kind of thing...

jbrr1212
Elite Members

December 3rd, 2009, 2:19 am #8

I liked it. I think she said the future episodes will be a bit longer and while this was the first eppy it was intended to be more of a teaser. They will still be short (I think 6 mins) but the websoaps tend to be shorter, I think Venice eppy are going to be about 12mins. Loved trying to figure out the voices at the beginning but yeah the music is an issue.

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 3rd, 2009, 4:29 pm #9

jbrr1212...Martha just tweeted me and said that she thinks the music issue is more about which link you listen to it on. Not sure about that though cuz if one link has lousy sound quality then even the music would have that problem. What I heard from the link I originally watched the epi from was just that the music was too loud, not unclear.

I could hear Damian and Lucinda while Jack was in his car...did you hear anyone else? I am glad that Venice is going to be longer :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 3rd, 2009, 8:53 pm #10

Wow- guess I won't be posting about CC's Venice on the net. She just tweeted that the first episode is free but the rest is available ONLY by paid membership.

"First episode of VENICE is free and the rest of the season is through subscription for $9.99! Subscription will include behind-the-scenes footage of VENICE and the all the fun stuff that happened on set!

Not on a whim would I pay for this. Maybe I'll have a different opinion later but I'm a bit disgusted that she would pull this after not mentioning it once in all the times she's tweeted about it. Guess she feels she has enough fans willing to pay for this though.

Edited to add: Maybe I'll have a different opinion later is about being disgusted not about changing my mind and paying for it.
Last edited by Guest on December 3rd, 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.