tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm #81

OK, that was all a bit horrifying.

I don't really understand the whys/purpose of at least two events.

And it looks like even Betty's consciousness is going to be raised.

Dax
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 2:00 pm #82

>> of at least two events.

Which ones?

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 2:57 pm #83

The nipple part and the 3 way.

Also, Lou just creeps me out along with Cutler but it's a different kind of horrifying.

bilki
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 2:58 pm #84

Betty vs Sally made me LOL. Mostly because Sally is getting good at putting Betty in her place. I do empathize with those kids, though, because I know what it's like to grow up with that woman.

The ménage scene made me feel like intruder on a private moment I had no desire to see. Was that Megan's way of trying to tempt Don into moving to LA? Her insecurities over Don's attractive "niece" showing up?

I have no idea what was going on with Ginsberg. Computers don't make people lose their minds. Schizophrenia? I don't know if he's in his early 20s but that's often when the condition develops.

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 5:09 pm #85

I don't know: I think Sally is a spoiled brat. As odd as it is even to me, I have a lot more sympathy for Betty who genuinely is trapped by the gilded cage and by society's expectations of her. She has the respect of no one and is so fragile that even a tiny, tiny unintentional slight, perceived rather than actual, is enough to crash her fragile attempt at being a good, ideal mother. Like Don, she only knows what being a good mother looks like, not how it feels. It is clearly something she's never experienced for herself and indeed, has never been valued for herself, rather than for her appearance. I see her as a tragic figure and am hoping that some bits of light and fresh air are finding their way through the cracks in the facade of her mausoleum house.

Sally is perhaps unattractive to me because she's an adolescent but it seems like she's going to wear that adolescent fake superiority and fake sophistication and fake world weariness to the end of her days.

Dax
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 6:08 pm #86

Ginsberg was definitely 'odd' before the computer showed up, but yes... big escalation. He's very sick.

Megan was 'apologizing' for letting/making Stephanie leave before Don got there, but yeah, weird plan.

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 7:12 pm #87

Not apologizing so much as attempting to deflect and distract Don. How much do you want to bet that she uses it against Don down the line?

Dax
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 8:23 pm #88

Last edited by Dax on May 12th, 2014, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 12th, 2014, 9:19 pm #89

Will watch tonight, but in the past I have no sympathy for Betty.

bilki
Site Admin

May 13th, 2014, 1:00 am #90

While I'm certainly a fan of Betty as an individual, I think she has used fear and intimidation to control and manipulate her children. They are her little punching bags for whatever pains her emotionally, and they don't have much of anyone to defend themselves from her. Even if Don or Henry stood up for the kids, I think she'd continue to treat them poorly behind closed doors. I'm not saying she intends to treat them poorly but I don't see that she really challenges herself to be better with them. The kids are fully aware of their mistreatment by her, and they know there isn't much they can do about it. So, I'm pleased to see Sally standing up to Betty because it makes me feel as if she's no longer willing to be intimidated by her mother.

Of course, all of this is me projecting my own experience onto television characters.