Let the Summer Movies begin

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 25th, 2009, 5:09 pm #1

Thread archived from the OLD Buzz board ~ click attachment to view and let's start posting!

Let_the_Summ.html (104.08 KiB)
Let_the_Summ.html (104.08 KiB)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

July 13th, 2009, 10:33 pm #2

Forgot to post: Went to see Public Enemies with Johnny Depp. It was an excellent movie but it is hard to say that I 'enjoyed' it as it was very dark in some ways. It goes without saying that Johnny Depp was fabulous. I am always impressed that he embodies a different character in each movie he plays. This, to me, is a contrast to Christian Bale, who to me, is always the same emotionally closed off character. And Marian Cotillard is wonderful and perfect. Actually, it was all well acted and it is hard to find a fault with the film at all. It seemed much shorter than its run time. Hubby mentioned that, although it wasn't promoted that way, it was, in a way, a love story. Highly recommended for those who can stomach a fairly violent film.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 13th, 2009, 10:55 pm #3

Thank you tgir! I just told hubby he's taking me and he said 'OK popcorn and slurpie for me while you drool over your boyfriend'. Gosh I love how my husband knows me. :)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

July 13th, 2009, 11:05 pm #4

I predict your hubby will like the film even more than you do, unless he doesn't like gangster movies.

Dax
Site Admin

July 13th, 2009, 11:59 pm #5

I caught Public Enemies the other day, enjoyed it. Very pretty pictures, great performances, big cast (I did not recognize Crudup as J.E. Hoover). Cotillard is lovely, and some of the best scenes were between her and Depp (liked the words in the quitting-the-coat-room scene a lot).

I like watching good bank robberies and prison breaks, and all that stuff.

I was impressed with/educated by (if true) the seems-too-modern crimefighting technique of the feds wire-tapping with vinyl to record calls...