Kim Zimmer Tells All

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2011, 5:29 pm #1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kim-Zimmer- ... 35547.aspx

I think all of us old GL fans are gonna want to discuss this next month. The interview with Logan is a hoot. I do disagree with her co-writer already, the bitch. Not because she was working simultaneously with Lucci and not telling KZ, but because she convinced Zimmer that no one wanted to read her spewing and bitching and ranting. I think we did. And do.
iii
iii
iii

jbrr1212
Elite Members

July 22nd, 2011, 6:35 pm #2

Fun read. Cant wait to read the book though I too was hoping for lots of spewing bitching and ranting. I'm sure even toned down its probably still pretty colorful. I dont think Zimmer can do boring.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 23rd, 2011, 8:44 pm #3

I think I will read it as well! I would count on Zimmer to tell it like it is!

Krystal
Site Admin

July 23rd, 2011, 8:51 pm #4

I hope they let her bitch plenty. I think she would agree with many of our views about the show.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 3rd, 2011, 6:05 pm #5

Amazon emailed me to say my pre-order is in the mail. hoo-rah
iii
iii
iii

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 3rd, 2011, 6:53 pm #6

I read a few reviews yesterday from people who got it preorder on their kindle already. It sounds really good. I think I'm gonna order it on Friday. Let us know how you like it :)

Krystal
Site Admin

August 4th, 2011, 6:45 pm #7

What is the actual title? I think I will order as well.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 4th, 2011, 7:08 pm #8

The believe the whole title is:

I'm Just Sayin': Three Deaths, Seven Husbands and a Clone My Life as a Daytime Diva

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 6th, 2011, 4:49 pm #9

I really enjoyed the book. There are a thousand bits of gossip and stories that anyone who watched GL regularly will enjoy.

I know she had a co-author, and Morton must be damn good because Zimmer comes through on every page. There were only a few paragraphs where said, “Okay….Morton wrote that.” “Hmmmph, Morton tweaked that.” (And I could be wrong, of course.) Frankly, the places where Zimmer reins in and tries to be fair and balanced…. lol I’d include everything she said about EW…

I so much admired her understanding of the show, her sense of the show’s greatness and historic nature.

I loved how brutal she was in some of her descriptions and complaints. And based on what I remember being discussed and reported at the time…how spot on. Especially her observations in chapters 14 and 15. How many of us noted the same thing: “…it was so poorly executed it felt intentional-as if they were trying to kill the show.” (p. 220)

Still wondering about Zimmer’s alcohol use. Yeah some abusers are situational and not really alcoholic, but….. I hope she isn’t fooling herself.

Zimmer speaks so often of the “fantasy” affairs with her male castmates, and hastens to add stuff about her husband A.C. and the strength of her marriage. But. Given the many times they were apart, and the way she phrased things, it does encourage speculation. I wonder if they (did once) have an “open” relationship. Then again, Zimmer really is exuberant and bigger than life so I can see her reveling in the pretense relationships with passion.

Zimmer has a PA signing on Tuesday at Homestead just east of Pittsburgh at the famous waterfront mall, which was built on the bones of the steel mills that shut down during the 70s and 80s. It’s about 50 minutes from me so I’m tempted to go. If I thought there wouldn’t be massive lines…

Reading this was cathartic for me after all this time. I still don’t really understand the business end of the television industry. It still seems like such a waste and a loss.
iii
iii
iii

tgir
Site Admin

August 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm #10

I will try to get the book. It sounds like a fun read.

If you get a chance to go and actually see Zimmer, well, I wish you could give her a hug from me. I know it wouldn't be allowed and for good reason, but if you ever got a chance, tell her at least one of her fans who will never get a chance to meet her sends her a hug--and many, many thanks for her work.

OH: forgot to ask. Does she still defend Brad Cole as an actor? I hope not: just the thought makes my stomach churn. Happiest for me would be if he were just not mentioned, or only mentioned as a nice guy/musician.