Dax
Site Admin

August 17th, 2011, 10:27 pm #41

I didn't hate all of the clone story. It was stupid, but it had bits about it that I could buy into (we'd seen Josh lose Reva before, and understood that he'd do ANYTHING to not have to go through that - put the kids through that- again... so of course if there's a mad scientist hanging around the next time she 'dies', you...).

The time travel thing was one of the worst stories ever told. Ever. By anybody, in any medium.

Hated San Cristobel (but liked CC/Olivia and DAM/Edmund, just wish they'd done different things with them...).

Krystal
Site Admin

August 18th, 2011, 12:24 am #42

Oh man, time travel. RR must have had a hard time getting into some of those costumes without gagging!

Re SC, I loved CC and Edmund as well. But then the prince and later Jonathan came from that SL, ugh.
Remember how they'd take off from Springfield and be in SC an hour later? now that is time travel I'd like to see!

blosslover
Site Admin

August 18th, 2011, 1:44 am #43

I finished the book too. There are things I liked in it, and others I didn't. Some of the incorrect information and typos were frustrating.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 18th, 2011, 2:44 am #44

yeah people talk about the clone story as if it was the worst thing ever on GL, but it wasn't a bad story at all imo..just very different for GL.

The time travel clusterf*ck, however was unwatchable.
iii
iii
iii

Marg
Site Admin

August 18th, 2011, 1:18 pm #45

I thought the clone story started out okay ....it was realistic that Josh didn't want to live, yet again, without Reva. However it did, IMO, end rather silly. One good thing out of it: Joie Lenz was brought on the show and she proved to be a much better Michelle than NSA could ever attempt to be.

The time travel was so stupid I couldn't even watch it!!

I didn't hate San Cristobel as much as some did. CC and Edmund were great, and even the Prince and Cassie were tolerable in short segments. Unfortunately, it ended up taking over most of the show!!
Last edited by Marg on August 18th, 2011, 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

August 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm #46

Yeah, Lenz was a good addition to the cast, but I did like her more as 'Reva' than as Michelle...

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 19th, 2011, 6:19 pm #47

I'm almost finished with the book and so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Sure theres alot of things I wish were in there that arent but its been a good read thus far.

Some of the juicier tidbits she doesnt assign names to but its fun hearing the stories anyway. The actress who falls in love with her costars had to be about BE. Ouch! That was harsh but oh so fun to read. I'm dying to know what leading OLTL actress was sleeping with the ABC exec leading to her exit as Echo.

I dont find that lack of mentions for the women that glaring (except the exclusion of Watros) she does mention many of them she just doesnt gush about them like she does all her men. Loved the Elizabeth Hubbard mention where she talked about staying involved in big group scenes and Hubbard telling her just try to figure out who farted. I can hear Hubbard saying that...I giggled out loud on that one.

The pictures are nice though I wish there were more. The story of her stolen (and returned) Emmy was cute and I'd never heard it before.

Hearing just how bad it was in Peapack made me feel a bit better about all the bitching we did at the time. Yeah we were totally justified! She was a bit nicer to Wheeler than I thought she'd be but her real feelings were still pretty clear.

I'll finish it this weekend and post my final thoughts later. So far I'd definately recommend it to anyone that was a GL fan.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 19th, 2011, 7:24 pm #48

Big agree on Peapack. That had to be terrible fror them. And as I was livid about the music, I had no idea why they were doing that. I thought it was to attract a younger (deafer) audience. I have never liked loud music (maybe a am a touch autistic?) and my hearing is perfect. If I get to be an old lady I should have better hearing than most of these younger people who have deafened themselves with these appliances blasting nonsense into their ears.

Marg
Site Admin

August 20th, 2011, 2:04 am #49

Dax wrote:Yeah, Lenz was a good addition to the cast, but I did like her more as 'Reva' than as Michelle...
Well, at least Lenz still has a career in acting, unlike St. Alban whose acting career has apparently tanked!!
Last edited by Marg on August 20th, 2011, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

August 20th, 2011, 6:51 am #50

Yeah, Lenz getting nine seasons in primetime is nothing to sneeze at...

>> St. Alban whose acting career has apparently tanked!!

Who knows if she's even been trying? Three kids...

But I always liked Rachel Miner and Rebecca Budig better.