Dax
Site Admin

August 15th, 2011, 7:38 am #21

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915727/ Definitely incomplete in the directing credits... (more than just AW, I know...)

Krystal
Site Admin

August 16th, 2011, 3:00 pm #22

Well, I am about 3/4 done and very disappointed in this book. Zimmer raves about all of her male co workers but praises none of the women other thatn Beverlee mcKinsey. She says nothing or takes shots about the rest of female cast. This leads me to believe that she really thinks she was the female diva/star of the show and it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 16th, 2011, 5:42 pm #23

Mine arrived today so I'm gonna start it hopefully tonight or tomorrow!

I always kinda got a diva vibe from her so it doesnt really surprise me that it carries through in the book. Though you would think she could at least mention a few of the females in a nice way.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

August 16th, 2011, 7:48 pm #24

Krystal, out of curiousity, what abotu Crystal Chappell? Does she ignroe her or takes a shot at her?

Also, does she really say it all about GL and how it was behind the scenes?

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

August 16th, 2011, 8:37 pm #25

I will probably finish it tonight, but so far she has not mentioned CC. She took a shot at Tina Sloan, as i mentioned earlier, and said Maeve K didn't like to kiss Jordan Clark when he had onions for lunch (although onions did not faze our uber lover, Zimbo). She also said one female had the misfortune of falling in love with her cast members even though she was married (BE I think). That, so far is all mentioned regarding the women.

She also said she was leery of Wheeler as "she was a woman, and all the others had been men".

Was intersting to hear how shitty it was in Peapack.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

August 16th, 2011, 10:15 pm #26

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Dax
Site Admin

August 16th, 2011, 10:18 pm #27

I watched the We Love Soaps interview with Zimmer... great fun to hear her laugh so much... in it, she spoke very positively of Chappell's Venice websoap...

Doesn't surprise me that she'd talk about the men so much more than the women... that's Reva, all about the men... (but yeah, I'd hope to see SOMETHING in reference to the alleged diva-offs over the years... how some of her BEST on-screen stuff with other actresses collided with some of the messiest off-screen relationships - Forbes, Watros...)

Yeah, I understand Clarke frequently had really stinky breath, and at least one other actress (Maureen Garrett) preferred not to work with him much in a 'romantic' capacity during the time fans were asking to see more of the backburner flirty potential couple of Billy & Holly... (before it became a triangle with Buzz).

I've got a hold on a library copy of the book...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 17th, 2011, 2:26 am #28

Aw Krystal, I don't think Kim was that harsh with the women. She had nice things to say....when it happened to cross her mind there were women on the show and set. :P

She does definitely focus on the guys. Given that most of her work was opposite the guys, that does make sense.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Krystal
Site Admin

August 17th, 2011, 4:55 am #29

Well, I worked in a almost exclusively male profession (until recently), and I mentored my females students and had great female friends. So no, I don't think I am being hard on her.

bilki
Site Admin

August 17th, 2011, 2:50 pm #30

Nothing about her working relationship with Cynthia Watros? Now I'm disappointed!
Last edited by bilki on August 17th, 2011, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.