Justified

Dax
Site Admin

January 18th, 2015, 11:36 pm #1

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 1:52 am #2

I love this show. So much heart and soul, and so many little character moments. The S6 premiere was like an elegy, breaking my heart.

So much to comment about when I get a few moments, but three things right away...

-So many 'walks down memory lane' for the characters but not forced. Very organic. Ava's story is so sad. And makes me almost mad at Raylan for being...just a bit...mean.

-Boyd. Oh my poor lost soul, looking for white sands and blue water, and thinking the thug life is gonna get it for you.

-Art, and that foreshadowy line is breaking my heart already in the first episode and we've got a whole season to live through.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 4:11 am #3

I love this show. There's such joy while watching it... Such beautiful poetry in so much of the dialogue. Olyphant and Goggins are fantastic in every scene.

Raise a glass to Dewey Crowe. Finding his turtle dog wasn't quite the good omen he thought it was...

Welcome, Garret Dillahunt. Better now than never...

Sigh. Only twelve episodes left...
Last edited by Dax on January 22nd, 2015, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 5:49 am #4

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 11:19 am #5

Such a great show. So much heart.

KMI, I agree about Ava's story and I'm mad at Raylan for being so mean and hard on her. :,(

Boyd, is just so sad.

I knew Boyd was going to shoot Dewey I was just hoping he wouldn't because he didn't want to clean up the mess and bury the body but he did and he got his 'buddy' to clean up after him. :(

I'm going to miss this show.
Last edited by Gatekeeper on January 22nd, 2015, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 2:21 pm #6

I love it and will miss it a lot. It was a great first epi.
Last edited by Krystal on January 22nd, 2015, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 9:55 pm #7

>>>>>KMI, I agree about Ava's story and I'm mad at Raylan for being so mean and hard on her. :,(

I visited PTV, and yeah they do tend to nitpick and bitch way more than average (and even more than I do :P ) but boy oh boy I did NOT realize the level of disdain so many had for Raylan and how many are hoping for/expecting his demise. >:-(
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 10:05 pm #8

I love Raylan. I think it's fun (and entirely understandable) how Rachel and Tim and Art will often be annoyed with him, but I'm definitely 'on his side' in most things.

I hope Raylan survives the series. I'd like to think Olyphant and Yost may choose to do a standalone movie or two 'someday'.

Boyd will not survive, but I kinda hope it's not Raylan that kills him. Might be Ava. Might be something we can't easily predict.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 10:51 pm #9

>>>>I think it's fun (and entirely understandable) how Rachel and Tim and Art will often be annoyed with him, but I'm definitely 'on his side' in most things.

This isn't a spoiler, but general spec from PTV. I'm hiding it because sometimes the trolls post spoilers as spec 'they just happened to think of' that is in fact spoiler based. Happened so often in the GoT thread that someone was on permanent 'cleanup' duty at TWoP to delete fake 'spec' as it was posted. So, JIC.....
[+] Spoiler
The PTV folks are theorizing that the plan to bring down Boyd may actually be targeting Raylan to get rid of a'dirty cop.' :O Or the plan may be twofold, with getting Boyd as a bonus. Prime evidence they say is Dewey's 'teflon' comments about his $ award against the Marshall's Office for violating his civil rights - meaning Raylan is now more of a handicap than ever as a marshal. Rachel and Tim and Art may be annoyed, but some others are pissed? Having Raylan and Boyd together in prison could be an end... I don't know what I think of that. Sure Raylan's a loose cannon and yeah he violates civil rights and has his own code of justice, but I do NOT agree the case can be made to create a moral equivalency between Raylan and Boyd (and the other bad guys.)
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

January 22nd, 2015, 11:37 pm #10

Boyd knows about Raylan setting up Nicky Augustine, and that will surely come back into play. I don't think I see the Feds setting up an elaborate sting to get Raylan, though... That doesn't feel right.

I forget... What did AUSA Vasquez say was the reason his bosses signed off on bringing down Boyd now (where it was never treated as a priority before... It's different now because...? Of course, I mean storywise, not 'it's the last season, so duh')?