Krystal
Site Admin

March 29th, 2014, 6:13 pm #271

Times had a hilarious review of Arnold's latest movie, Sabotage. I guess it is a parody and comedy without trying to be. I was suprised to find that Josh Holloway, Mirelle Enos and the beefcake wolf man from True Blood are all co-stars. (The Times questioned their agents sanity.) Actually, I will be picking up a copy as soon as it hits the local Redbox, and with these reviews, should not be too long:)

blosslover
Site Admin

April 18th, 2014, 2:34 am #272

Saw Muppets Most Wanted at the movies. It was funnier than the last film, but very politically incorrect. The project felt like it was written more for the adult audience than the kids.

Dax
Site Admin

April 18th, 2014, 2:49 am #273

I liked it. I don't think I thought it was funnier, though I love the cast... I liked the music, but the last movie's songs are a lot more memorable.

Yeah, more for adults than kids, I agree (audience for it is likely half-and-half).

Disappointed some in relation to hopes/expectations, but I'm still really happy it exists.

blosslover
Site Admin

April 18th, 2014, 3:14 am #274

The only people in the theater when I saw it was my friend and I. I thought it was funnier, because they did a better job with the cameos. The first movie I laughed maybe a dozen times, this one I lost track. I do agree about the music being better in the last film. My favorite musical routine was when they did The Muppet Show theme in Spanish...

I had no expectations with it, so perhaps that's why I could just accept it for what it was. Then again I saw some of the really bad Muppet movies like Muppets in Space...

Dax
Site Admin

April 18th, 2014, 3:32 am #275

Yeah, Muppets in Space wasn't great. But I DO love Gonzo...

I never got around to seeing Muppet Treasure Island.

I didn't love Muppet Christmas Carol, mostly out of fatigue with adaptations of the story, but it was the first with Steve Whitmire as Kermit, and that was a hard adjustment...

Krystal
Site Admin

August 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm #276

Big write up in the time about the upcoming move Fury, Brad Pitt. WW2, really supposed to be violent but realistic portrayal of the tank squads. Also mentioned that Jolie is producing Unbroken based on the book. I read it and it was great. Both should be outstanding movies.

tgir
Site Admin

November 1st, 2014, 9:35 pm #277

Forgot to say that I saw Gone Girl--pretty good version of the book. I was concerned about Affleck in the role but he was fine. At the end, Rosamond Pike is heinous/crazy/scary.

Also saw The Equalizer which bore nearly no resemblance to the TV show. Lots of action and very very violent . Denzel was good but that's a given.

tgir
Site Admin

November 1st, 2014, 9:38 pm #278

Also saw John Wick because hubby wanted to see a violent film. It was that. Spoiler unless you've seen previews: a dog is killed which is a large part of what fuels the violence.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 7:59 pm #279

NYTimes mentioned that, but gave it a very good review. I don't mind violence but hate animals getting killed...

Krystal
Site Admin

November 15th, 2014, 12:25 am #280

IF I went to theaters, (I do not), I would see Interstellar...