Dax
Site Admin

August 31st, 2013, 8:47 pm #241

The World's End, by the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz guys (I greatly enjoyed Shaun, haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet). Lots of funny stuff. I was getting sleepy towards the end, but think that was more my long day (started really early) and full belly (Olive Garden Never-Ending Pasta Bowl) than the film...

Co-stars Martin Freeman, who I've been watching in Sherlock (4 down, 2 to go, totally loving it) and David Bradley (Broadchurch). It's odd - I guess I knew Bradley was part of the Harry Potter cast (in 7 out of 8!), but forgot... he's so his Game of Thrones character now (though that's just from THREE episodes?) that when I do revisit Harry (and finish it... still haven't seen the last two), I'll be looking at him differently, I'm sure...
Last edited by Dax on August 31st, 2013, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 1st, 2013, 12:13 pm #242

While I read what you wrote I was thinking, well Walder Frey is much more pivotal than Filch..and then stopped short at "THREE episodes."

For a second I thought...Dax must have that wrong. But nope. Three episodes. VERY pivotal and VERY memorable scenes-lol.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

tgir
Site Admin

September 1st, 2013, 4:35 pm #243

The World's End is on my list to see. Probably won't show locally but it's on my someday list.

tgir
Site Admin

September 29th, 2013, 4:35 am #244

The World's End DID actually come to my town (I am beyond shocked) but unfortunately, I was too wiped out to see it--it left after one weekend.

However, I can hardly believe it but The Way Way Back played and I saw it tonight. This was one of the very, very best films I've seen in...ever. Great performances by the entire cast which included well known and newcomers. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely make a point to see it.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 9th, 2013, 9:40 pm #245

The new McConehey (sp) mvoie is getting a ton of great reviews. Dallas cowboy Club I think.....
He plays an AIDs patient, lost 50 pounds to do this.

Dax
Site Admin

November 9th, 2013, 10:04 pm #246

Dallas Buyers Club. McConaughey is hard to spell, yes. It always looks wrong...

Yeah, sounds good. Great cast. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790636/
Last edited by Dax on November 9th, 2013, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

November 27th, 2013, 12:46 am #247

Sigh. I want to go see some movies, but I also don't want to leave my kitties... they don't want me to go, either, since I JUST got home from school...

Maybe I'll make Friday 'Movie Day' and get really ambitious... go for seeing three, instead of just two...

Nothing else planned, and then it's just like leaving the kitties for a work day... we can handle THAT...

tgir
Site Admin

November 27th, 2013, 3:58 am #248

Saw Catching Fire and felt that it was much, much better than Hunger Games. Glad they switched directors and (I assume) upped the budget. Gave more of the impact that was lacking in the first while maintaining the ability to show to primary audience of young people. I suspect those unfamiliar with the books will be very upset with the ending, which simply set up the next installment.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 27th, 2013, 9:34 pm #249

I started the book, didn't like it. Got abut 1/3 into it, thought it was for 10 year olds. Didn't like the movie either but rented it. Don't care for Lawrence and think she is vastly ove rated. So I guess that
I won't be renting this one.

Will look fwd to Dallas Buyers Club but as usual nothing motivates e to go to an actual theater.

Dax
Site Admin

November 30th, 2013, 7:11 pm #250

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Thumbs up. Don't think I liked it better or worse than 1, just feels like more of the same piece, with the advantage of having the world and characters already established.

Frozen (in 3D) - Looks great... has some lovely music in it... some good humor... It's good. (I'm way behind on Disney... haven't seen Tangled, or Wreck-It Ralph, or The Princess and the Frog...) The Mickey Mouse short in front, 'Get A Horse', is very clever and fun (and probably works better in 3D than not...).

I'd wanted to do three... the timing was perfect for it, but hunger and missing-the-kitties won out... also, though the timing lined up right, the theater being split off onto separate sides with ticket attendants did not... my second feature was 'on the other side'... will I have to chloroform the guard?... I'm checking out all the posters... girl, sweeping up popcorn, 'Can I see your ticket?' 'Oh, I'm already torn...' 'Just let me see'... I do... 'Okay'. And I'm in. Even though it was for a film on the other side and three hours earlier... guess she only saw the DATE... got lucky. But I would have had to do that AGAIN for feature #3... would have been fun to get away with it twice, but... risk-level seemed high. Also, I was ready to eat...

I'll try to get to Thor someday next week after school...
Last edited by Dax on November 30th, 2013, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.