KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm #231

And Nathan Fillion and Tom Lenk are absolutely hilarious and nearly stole the movie, even though they don't even show up until halfway thru.
iii
iii
iii

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 1st, 2013, 6:59 pm #232

OK just got back from 'World War Z'. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It was unrealistic for me because we all know Zombies can't run or climb and these guys could.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

July 1st, 2013, 7:02 pm #233

There have been multiple movies/stories where zombies can run (I just saw one, Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake...). Give it a pass on that...

I DO hope the movie seemed unrealistic, though. Zombie apocalypses rarely seem like an awesome fun time.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 1st, 2013, 8:11 pm #234

Dax wrote:There have been multiple movies/stories where zombies can run (I just saw one, Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake...). Give it a pass on that...

I DO hope the movie seemed unrealistic, though. Zombie apocalypses rarely seem like an awesome fun time.
OK I'll give the Zombie running thing a pass but just for you. I will not give it a pass on the climbing thing. Sorry no can do.

It was very unrealistic (Zombie running aside).

I do want you all to know if we have a Zombie apocalypse I'm the person you want at my side.

Oh you think it can't happen. Well my friends ..... 'Zombie' Cells Created In New Mexico Lab Said To Outperform Living Ones In Some Ways

Dax
Site Admin

July 13th, 2013, 1:07 am #235

Double-bill today of Monsters University and Pacific Rim. A day of 3D monster movies with Charlie Day in them...

First Pixar without Crystal (well, we were separated for Ratatouille and Wall-E... but for some reason, I think we did see Wall-E together, anyway... she came to Vegas for a visit, maybe...?). Sad about that... but I loved the movie. Very probably my favorite-ever prequel (and before, I think I would have said Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...).

Pacific Rim is a lot of fun. As with Man of Steel not too long ago, I did get a little actioned-out by the end of it... but it's good. Charlie Hunnam and Ron Perlman in the same movie (no scenes together, though). Idris Elba, Max Martini, Rob Kazinsky (new guy on True Blood)...
Last edited by Dax on July 13th, 2013, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 13th, 2013, 6:21 am #236

Please don't mention people coming back from the dead at this time to me.

Actually that is one of the sick humor ways I deal with things.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 13th, 2013, 2:18 pm #237

Krystal wrote:Please don't mention people coming back from the dead at this time to me.

Actually that is one of the sick humor ways I deal with things.
Sorry Krystal. :X

___

I really want to see Monsters U. Glad you liked it Dax. :D

blosslover
Site Admin

July 26th, 2013, 12:02 am #238

Just saw Red 2...it was fun if you like that series.

Dax
Site Admin

August 7th, 2013, 8:01 am #239

The Conjuring - Good scares. Fun. Lili Taylor is terrific.
Last edited by Dax on August 7th, 2013, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

August 10th, 2013, 7:30 am #240

The Wolverine - Good action, fine story, couple of very attractive ladies in it, but I didn't like it as much as I had hoped I would. It's loosely based on some favorite material from the comics...
Last edited by Dax on August 10th, 2013, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.