Krystal
Site Admin

June 21st, 2013, 9:38 pm #221

Tepid review for World War Z in the Times. M Enos plays Pitt's wife but does not get a lot of screen time I hear. I'll wait for the rental as usual.

blosslover
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2013, 1:22 am #222

Even if the reviews weren't as good as the original I want to see the new Pixar. My sister saw both Star Trek and the superman flick and liked Star Trek better which was funny as she isn't a Trek person.

Dax
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2013, 1:33 am #223

Man of Steel (3D). Good special effects, good cast, but the best word to describe it, I think, is 'overkill'. It's just very busy. Too much. Becomes very exhausting.

I liked some story moments, and not others. I didn't like the What The Bad Guy Wants and Why.

-

I'm much more excited to see Monsters University, of course, but this fit into my friend Walter's schedule better... went with him and Mom. Nice luxury theatre with lounge recliners... ah, very nice...
Last edited by Dax on June 22nd, 2013, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2013, 8:21 pm #224

I want to see star trek for sure. I was surprised at how good the first one was.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2013, 9:46 pm #225

Going to dinner tomorrow with friends and to see Much Ado About Nothing... ex---cited!
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Krystal
Site Admin

June 29th, 2013, 7:53 pm #226

The new Sandra Bullock movie looks like it could be funny.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 29th, 2013, 9:03 pm #227

The previews were hilarious last week.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

tgir
Site Admin

June 30th, 2013, 2:55 pm #228

I am soooo jealous re: Much Ado About Nothing. I checked: the closest theater to me showing it is >100 miles away. I'll have to wait for the DVD, I am sure.

I hope I'll get to see the Sandra Bullock movie but I'm working a lot this week and it might not last until next weekend, seeing as it's two women instead of two men in a cop/buddy movie. May end up waiting for the dvd as well....

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 30th, 2013, 5:40 pm #229

I have been saving my Much Ado review...so I wouldn't gush so much.

First it was awesome because it was clear, from the attire, that there were lots of Whedon fans, which was fun. An having the 400 seat theater three quarters full on a Sunday at 5 o'clock was also fun.

The movie itself was truly excellent. So much comedy done well that even my philistine hubby who hasn't read the play or much of Shakespeare was entranced and amused. I really liked some of the updating techniques used and the stage elements incorporated (i.e. mocking the tradition in Shakespeare - and SOAPS lol - where people overhear info).

The acting was excellent, which once again reminds me that the genre actors working in 'minor' shows are every bit as outstanding as the talent in big name cable shows such as Mad Men. Case in point - Pete, who got his early start on Angel. There were so many great performances but I really do have to single out Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof. What's so gfangurl cool is knowing they first did the role during the Buffy years 'for fun' at Joss's house, and the movie gives them the happy ending they couldn't have when her character Fred died in his character Wesley's arms during S5 of Angel. lol

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 1st, 2013, 1:04 pm #230

Great review KMI. I want to see Much Ado but hubby saw a clip on one of the talk shows and gave it an immediate pass. Not sure I have any friends who would see it so I may have to wait for DVD but that's OK.

I would love to see Sandra Bullock movie. I also want to see Monster University & World War Z. I'm also excited about Red 2 coming out next week.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.