KMInfinity
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 3:45 am #201

Good Iron Man news as I didn't like #2 much....
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 3:51 am #202

I didn't dislike 2, but I didn't/don't remember much about it, either, even shortly after seeing it...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 11:14 am #203

Haven't seen Iron Man 2 but will see it because I love Downey so much and will also see 3 at some point.

Hubby loves The Hangover humor and I love Bradley Cooper so I can definitely put up with it.

Watched THE CAMPAIGN starring Will Ferrell & Zach Galifianakis. It was OK for a couple of laughs but once again it's must husbands type of potty humor. It's funny because if you met my husband I don't think you would think he would like that type of stuff.

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 4:45 pm #204

I've met your husband, and while 'serious' in appearance, sure, I'm not surprised that he likes some of the 'broader' Will/Zach comedy... that stuff translates well to a lot of people, both likely and unlikely...

The Campaign is one that Crystal was particularly anxious for us to see... while we're several Will Ferrell movies behind, that's one she mentioned several times 'I wanna see that soon'... we laughed at the ads, got free mini-posters in the theatre when we were seeing something else, and laughed again when the dvd ads started playing... I bought the blu-ray over Christmas, cheap, but we didn't have the time to put it in...

Krystal
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 6:11 pm #205

I think I mentioned it earlier, I thought it was better than most of his movies. None of them are great, except maybe Anchorman which had me howling especially as it was really pretty true regarding women in what was previously men's jobs.

We don't watch many comedy movies, I used to like the Chevy Chase vacation movies, and of course Animal House the the Airplane ones...

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 6:22 pm #206

Looking forward to Anchorman 2.

I think I'll really like his Spanish-language film, 'Casa de mi Padre'. I expect I'll really like his 'off-brand' film, 'Everything Must Go', based on a Raymond Carver short story... 'Step Brothers' will make me laugh.

blosslover
Site Admin

May 31st, 2013, 6:19 pm #207

I saw the latest Star Trek movie. Has anyone else seen it yet?

tgir
Site Admin

June 1st, 2013, 2:58 am #208

I haven't. Did you like it? I'm still fence sitting about seeing it. Been really hectic lately...

Rented Flight with Denzel Washington. Really good film. I'll bet John Goodman had a blast in his role. Washington was superb, of course.
Last edited by tgir on June 1st, 2013, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 1st, 2013, 12:08 pm #209

BL, I really want to see the new Star Trek movie but just haven't been yet.

Dax, thanks for telling us that Flight was good. I'll put that on our list.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

June 1st, 2013, 12:29 pm #210

Dax, Everything Must Go is excellent, but a departure for his usual films. Not so much broad comedy. One of my very favorite films is Stranger than Fiction, a real gem. imo. I predict that you would love it very much. But again: not so much broad ha ha ha comedy.