Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 27th, 2013, 12:38 pm #191

tgir wrote:Saw Silver Linings Playbook and really liked it.
I saw it a couple of weeks ago too and really liked it. Also Bradley Cooper is adorable.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

January 27th, 2013, 3:50 pm #192

I'm not usually a big Bradley Cooper fan (not an anti-fan, either, but he's not a big draw for me), but really did enjoy him here. Love Jennifer Lawrence (but like her better with light hair). Of course I love DeNiro, thought that it was genius to cast Julia Stiles and Jennifer Lawrence as sisters; loved Chris Tucker who is usually too manic for me but here, perfect. Loved Shea Whigham as DeNiro's son (looked like he could be), loved Jacki Weaver, loved the psychiatrist (actor and character) and the police officer (actor/character/concept. I wish there were such officers and hope that there are and if there are, please, God, make more of them. Many, many more.)

I think that the whole thing was great (if not a completely realistic view of mental illnesses, the legal and mental health system, and well, life) and am happy that they addressed bipolar disorder and mental illness in general and the havoc that can be caused and the efforts required to overcome.

As a side note, I see on the internet that Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are paired again in a film scheduled to be released 2013 entitled Serena.

Also, Bradley Cooper is signed up for another project (un-named) with David O. Russel. I'm on board for that but have no interest in Hangover III.
Last edited by tgir on January 27th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 27th, 2013, 4:42 pm #193

I've been in LOVE with Bradley Cooper since alias. I do agree with everything you said tgir. I hope people understand it's a very good movie and aren't turned off by the 'mental illness' issues. It's very well done and very realistic. Love DeNiro.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

January 27th, 2013, 7:59 pm #194

Funny quote from Lawrence on her and Cooper re-teaming again on Serena - 'Yeah, we're working on putting together a little box set'. She says he'll show her stuff he's looking at, and she'll say 'okay, but you can't play my father now that we've played lovers'...

Looking forward to seeing Silver Linings Playbook. First film since Reds in 1981 to get acting nominations in all four categories...

tgir
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2013, 5:30 am #195

Just saw 42, which was really good. I am not much of an historian nor much of a baseball afficianado, but I found the film to be very engaging, well shot, good acting all around. Best I've seen/ film I've seen Harrison Ford in for ......a long time. Chadwick Boseman was really good, and so was Nicole Beharie. Note to fashion gods: Please observe the wardrobe for Nicole Beharie and see if you can't incorporate some of this into your next collections. I loved just looking at her.

Hubby is more knowledgeable about history and really knows baseball history--he found it to be pretty accurate. Good job of showing that racism was not confined to the south, and giving a small taste of what it must have been like to be in the shoes of the Robinsons during that time.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2013, 8:22 pm #196

Hubby and I are really looking forward to 42.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Jenni
Site Admin

May 8th, 2013, 7:14 pm #197

Just watched Silver Linings Playbook. The storyline wasn't at all what I was thinking it was going to be but it was good!

Krystal
Site Admin

May 17th, 2013, 4:52 am #198

Will be anxious for reviews on the new Star trek. I liked the last one better than I thought I would, and liked the casting, especially Quinto as Spock.

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 2:59 am #199

Iron Man Three (in 3D) - It's funny, posters have '3' in the title, but on-screen, it's spelled out as a word...

Great fun. Good story, good bad guy(s), good action, some more funny Downey stuff... My favorite of the three so far... and it'll be fun to see how Joss untangles this story's end at the start of Avengers 2...

-

Furious 6 - Advertises as 'Fast & Furious 6', but the 'Fast &' are skipped on-screen, so 'Furious 6' follows 'Fast Five' in the series...

Fun. You know what you're getting...

So I watched stuff blow up for four and a half hours or so. Was hungry and missed the kitties, or I'd have slipped into The Great Gatsby next (but it wasn't in 3D, and I'd rather...) or The Hangover Part III (making 'Sequel Day' entirely complete...).

tgir
Site Admin

May 25th, 2013, 3:30 am #200

Glad to know you liked Ironman3. Was hoping to hear from someone whose opinion I trust.

I know I won't be seeing Furious 6 or Hangover3. Up in the air re: Gatsby. I was excited and then I saw the trailer and now: not really. May, sometime, just to say I did but not excited now.