Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 16th, 2012, 1:56 pm #131

Dax wrote:In its entirety... did you have to walk out on an earlier attempt?
YES! I was so upset. Went to see it a couple of weeks ago and was 1/2 hour into it when the kid called saying she was sick and needed us to pick her up for work. To add insult to injury she decided to tough it out AFTER we had left movie!!!!

.... and YES TGIR ... I did turn my phone off during the movie BOTH times but hubby has a WORK cell phone that he can never turn off (he's always has to be available 24/7 ... just in case) and the kid tracked us down. :firemad:

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

June 16th, 2012, 6:59 pm #132

Oh, I'd have been so, so mad... (surely somebody else could have picked her up, or not picked her up...).

Krystal
Site Admin

June 16th, 2012, 7:03 pm #133

Me too! How did teh therapy go?

tgir
Site Admin

June 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm #134

Just came back from Prometheus, which I liked, although I think it was something of a mistake to see it with my husband because I didn't lose myself in the movie so much.

I don't want to spoil anything but there were two parts that really irked me (aside from anything science related, lapses and gaps in logic, story, etc):

1. He's the scientist and she's the girlfriend? GMAFB. I would hope in 80 years we shall have progressed more than that.
2. Stephen Fucking Stills. GMAnother FB. 80 years from now, somebody will still remember Fucking Stephen Stills? And a bad ass black dude will reference Stephen Fucking Stills? No. Way. Jose.

Dax
Site Admin

June 18th, 2012, 9:48 pm #135

>> He's the scientist and she's the girlfriend?

Weren't they both?

tgir
Site Admin

June 18th, 2012, 11:49 pm #136

EXACTLY!

Or rather, he was supposedly a scientist, but in reality, I saw him engage in ZERO behavior that made him seem anything like a scientist, even by movie standards.

Spoilerish if you haven't seen the film:

Also, Vickers' being the daughter of Weyland, and a less worthy heir than if she had been his son.

Other than that, I liked the film. And a nice set up for Prometheus II.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 20th, 2012, 5:29 am #137

Really eager to see Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. The book was weirdly interesting, though not a total success imo. but with Alan Tudyk as Stephen Douglas that will be awesome.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

jbrr1212
Elite Members

September 28th, 2012, 7:51 am #138

Saw Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis(sp). It had a couple funny moments but if our tickets werent free, I'd have been disappointed. Maybe good if you just want to mindlessly veg out in front of the tv when it comes out on netflix.

But the upside our tickets were for the AMC dine-in, over 21, plush recliner theater. Its new here, i dont know if they have them elsewhere, but it was pretty cool. We were actually more impressed with the theater than the movie.

Dax
Site Admin

September 28th, 2012, 7:19 pm #139

It's not an easy name, for sure, but you ARE correct with that spelling.

I expect I'll enjoy The Campaign. I like both guys a lot, and several in the supporting cast.

blosslover
Site Admin

September 28th, 2012, 10:19 pm #140

We had a theatre like that, but the over 21 part closed. All the seats in the place were new and reclining even in the normal ones...where alcohol wasn't allowed.