tgir
Site Admin

March 19th, 2012, 3:52 am #101

Def. can't wait to see this one!

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 19th, 2012, 4:02 am #102

geez the clip had me on the edge... (One of the ships looked exactly like a Firefly class ship. Did they recycle Serenity?)
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

March 20th, 2012, 12:02 am #103

AWESOME!!!!!

Dax
Site Admin

May 11th, 2012, 8:35 pm #104

Summer Movies I WILL See In A Theatre, 2012.
-
The Avengers (but I still need to see Thor and Captain America first)
Prometheus (6/8)
Brave (6/22)
The Dark Knight Rises (7/20)

and very possibly...
The Amazing Spider-Man (7/3)

And then, as always, there are a ton that I'm interested in seeing 'later', but not right away... I might try to double-bill a couple of them with those above...

Krystal
Site Admin

May 11th, 2012, 8:47 pm #105

I might actually go to see Prometheus. maybe....
Last one I saw in a theater was the original Dragon Tattoo, Swedish version, one before that (and I am not kidding), the original Jurassic Park.
Last edited by Krystal on May 11th, 2012, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

May 11th, 2012, 11:08 pm #106

Wow. Just one trip to a theater in 19 years...

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2012, 12:15 am #107

wrote:Summer Movies I WILL See In A Theatre, 2012.
-
The Avengers (but I still need to see Thor and Captain America first)
No, you don't need to. Maybe you want to, but definitely, The Avengers works as a stand alone. You will miss no back story if you just go straight to The Avengers.

How do I know this? I just came from seeing The Avengers!

If you have any basic grasp of comic book heroes and conventions (meaning: no real conventions except it's pretty hard to kill any of the heroes and every law of physics you should have learned will be broken--and I' won't even get into biology) you will instantly be up to speed for The Avengers.

For what it is worth, I felt like it started a bit slow, but then came together in pretty big ways. No new territory covered. Some cool casting choices, or at least ones I liked seeing. Cobie Smulders and Clark Gregg leap to mind as people I hadn't expected to see (didn't look into who was going to be in the movie) but was glad to see. They both did good jobs with their respective roles and Cobie Smulders was stunningly beautiful.

Is it art? Nah, not even close. But it was a fun ride, with some amusing moments. Mark Ruffalo was an interesting choice for The Hulk. He brought more to the role than I would have guessed. I pretty much was able to ignore that The Black Widow was Scarlett Johansson, which is a compliment to her acting. I can't explain it, it's not rational, but she bothers me pretty often in her films. In this one, she did not and I was glad.

Recommend to all comic book/film fans, with the disclaimer that I am not a real comic book fan so I cannot vouch for the orthodoxy of any of the characters or story, yada yada yada.

Hubby didn't like it. It was his idea, though, but then, there's not much worth seeing playing in our town right now.

Dax
Site Admin

May 12th, 2012, 12:57 am #108

Don't need to see them all first - sure, I know (and I'm familiar with the characters from years of reading comics...). But I want to see their first film appearances before their second...

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2012, 3:14 am #109

I'm planning to see Prometheus and possibly Brave. I think when it comes out I will want to see Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Snow White and the Huntsman looks good minus the Kristen Stewart part (hard to overlook). There's a bunch that I may/may not see depending on reviews and free time/boredom/money ratio works out. I think I want to see Perfect Family (Love Kathleen Turner) and Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, assuming they come near me. If not, it will be on DVDs. Maybe Rock of Ages, if it gets decent reviews. Maybe. It could be good or it could be just awful. Am looking forward to The Hobbit when it comes out.

blosslover
Site Admin

May 12th, 2012, 3:55 am #110

I don't know half of the movies you are mentioning tgir. (Yes I haven't read my EW Summer movie issue yet.) Why do you want to see certain flicks and what are they about? The only one Dax mentioned I didn't know by name was promethus (sp).
Last edited by blosslover on May 12th, 2012, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.