Neil Maskell -- Det. Sgt. Pete Drummond
Colin Morgan -- Leo Elster
Katherine Parkingson -- Laura Hawkins
Theo Stevenson -- Toby Hawkins
Will Tudor -- Odi
Danny Webb -- Professor Edwin Hobb
and William Hurt -- Dr. George Millican

--

Five have aired, three are left... Four have aired, four to come... Hope this isn't a one-and-done. I'm not expecting we're going to get full closure in the second half of the season.

So I keep thinking it's strange that people keep mistaking Niska for human, but then we were 'fooled' by Leo and Karen, ourselves...
Last edited by Dax on July 21st, 2015, 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 21st, 2015, 4:26 am #2

Damn, only 8?

bilki
Site Admin

July 21st, 2015, 4:35 am #3

How are the ratings? Have you heard anything, good or bad, Dax? If they're not that good, it seems like AMC has been forgiving with some of their other shows.

I have to remind myself that people think Niska is human, as some scenes don't make sense. She's not as robotic as Anita/Mia but she's not as human-like as Leo. When Leo said "our father" during their phone call, it made me wonder if that was more than a general term.

Karen locking her bedroom door made me chuckle. Does she normally do that, or just when she has a visitor?

The son turning down the cute girl at the party because of his crush on Anita required a bit of suspension of belief. Why not both?

Dax
Site Admin

July 21st, 2015, 4:44 am #4

Probably good enough.. http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/human ... ngs-37293/
Also, that it's a co-production with the UK, and I think I read it was doing well over there...

Yeah, it seemed like Karen was... Maybe interested, flirty... But that was a LOUD locking-of-the-door, too... No way poor Pete wasn't bummed to hear that...

Huge agree on Toby at the party. Meant to say something about that... I mean, come on. Ain't no way...

Dax
Site Admin

July 21st, 2015, 6:24 am #5

Bad/good - yes, only eight. But I misspoke earlier saying five down, three to go. It's four/four...

blosslover
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2015, 2:10 am #6

Leo though bled red, not blue. So perhaps he is more human, I haven't seen this week's, but I was wondering.

Dax
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2015, 3:12 am #7

Yeah, some sort of... hybrid, maybe? Bleeds red, has human DNA... He needed food and water, right? But then we see him 'plug in', and...

bilki
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 2:45 pm #8

Really enjoying Katherine Parkingson as Laura. Good scene when Joe admitted to having sex with Anita/Mia. I like all the grey areas in how the real humans perceive the Synths.

A little confused with Leo trying to access Mia. Why didn't he do what Mattie did when she caused Anita to have Mia's underwater-car-memory?

It was nice to see Niska interact with George Millican, as it humanized (chuckle) her in a way we hadn't seen before.

Dax
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 10:10 pm #9

Leo tried that first (what Mattie had done, accessing the "root system directly with a clone file key"), but it didn't work because "she must have retreated deeper within the architecture". But then after trying everything he can think of and failing, he tells Mattie she must have just seen a 'ghost'. Still... I expect there IS a way to bring her back...

Confession scene real strong, agree. Also liked the father/son awkwardness between Joe and Toby...

bilki
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 10:57 pm #10

Thanks, Dax! I actually remember Leo saying that, it just went over my head.

Wasn't it odd that Karen had her door unlocked when they made a point of showing her lock it at the end of the last episode? She didn't want Pete to see that she was plugged in. Silly writers!