Dax
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 11:04 pm #11

Yeah. Maybe not necessarily a 'mistake' (she might have unlocked the door and been out of the bedroom already that morning for whatever reason), but it was odd that we'd see her being so careFUL and then so careLESS...

Dax
Site Admin

July 31st, 2015, 7:46 pm #12

bilki
Site Admin

August 3rd, 2015, 4:45 am #13

Good news about the renewal.

It may have been a little cheesy but I thought the Mia/Leo reunion was heartwarming. I liked the twist that she was a mother figure to him and not a romantic partner.

I was hoping Tom would somehow connect Laura to David Elster but I did like how her story awakened Mia.

Even on the second viewing I didn't fully get why Max decided he had to jump but I guess real humans make plenty of illogical choices, too.

Enjoyed more of George and Niska.

Dax
Site Admin

August 4th, 2015, 9:38 pm #14

I like Max. Don't want him to 'die'...

I'm glad they got Mia back, but I guess I don't understand how she can more permanently fight off Anita's code now.

Joe calling the police on Leo wasn't a great complication (motivated because he might take Anita away?... But he sees that she DIDN'T go with them, so he really ought to get more of the story before calling the cops...), but I guess things were starting to work out too well, with Fred being free and Mia being awake...

Pete's surprise was fun. We've got all the answers to Leo and the drowning in this one, but Who/What Is Kate is the big outstanding mystery now...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 5th, 2015, 12:45 am #15

Max is my fave synth. Loved his agnostic prayer. I hope we don't lose him. Bilki I think we're supposed to think Max jumped because his power was so low he was going to 'freeze' in place on the bridge, and thought by jumping he could lure the pursuit??? (I can't remember exactly who the guy is...a scientist? ) away from Leo. It was dumb, very plot driven, but it still gave me feels when Max said the part about dying shows he was alive.

Yeah, the Mia vs Anita explanation was weak too. I'm fanwanking that the Anita personality (from the factory) was set as 'default' so Mia was like a virus in there, trying to take charge. Then Leo 'activated her' by bringing up her original programming, and made that the default setting. I'd assume Anita could be deleted, sort of like how I've deleted IE and open Firefox - the laptop stays the same, the browser I use changes. Gate? Any insight here?

I really really like Nyska, especially playing off George.

I also really liked the backstory about Laura's brother Tom...and how Mia/Anita responded to it later.

It was a little too pat that suddenly Laura is pro-synth and Joe is such a jerk. I really like the daughter.

>>>but Who/What Is Kate is the big outstanding mystery now...
Do you mean Pete's partner Karen? Or as Kate a synth from Leo's childhood I missed somehow?

The show is character driven enough I can enjoy it even though the 'conflicts/problems' are sort of old hat for me.

Last edited by KMInfinity on August 5th, 2015, 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

August 5th, 2015, 1:22 am #16

Yes, I meant Karen. Oops.

bilki
Site Admin

August 6th, 2015, 4:49 am #17

wrote:It was a little too pat that suddenly Laura is pro-synth
I've been thinking the same thing. I liked how Anita's capabilities were playing to Laura's insecurities. Now it's all been washed away because they have other conflicts to work with, but I was hoping they'd explore it a little longer and maybe tie something in Laura's past to her initial resistance to Anita.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 6th, 2015, 12:08 pm #18

>>Then Leo 'activated her' by bringing up her original programming, and made that the default setting. I'd assume Anita could be deleted, sort of like how I've deleted IE and open Firefox - the laptop stays the same, the browser I use changes. Gate? Any insight here?

IE is built into Windows Operating System so you never can 'truly' can get rid of it. It looks like Firefox is now the only browser but it's not. Firefox is a separate add on not part of the Operating System. Don't even ask me about Windows 10. I'm sticking with Mac from now on.

As far as Anita ... She 'should' be able to be deleted because technically she is running on TOP of Mia. Unless of course they messed with Mia's firmware BUT then you wouldn't have Mia at all so that's not what is happening. So Anita is Firefox and Mia is IE. Mia should be able to get rid of Anita completely with a little programming help. ;)

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 6th, 2015, 12:12 pm #19

Bravo!

Um. so what I deleted was the IE desktop icon, not the actual browser. I did actually know that somewhere in the back of my CRS * diseased brain.

*Can't remember shit

lol

My 2nd cheap Dell laptop is working great, but I wish I could have afforded a Mac this time around.....
iii
iii
iii

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 6th, 2015, 1:04 pm #20

KMInfinity wrote:Bravo!

Um. so what I deleted was the IE desktop icon, not the actual browser. I did actually know that somewhere in the back of my CRS * diseased brain.

*Can't remember shit

lol

My 2nd cheap Dell laptop is working great, but I wish I could have afforded a Mac this time around.....
Yes you deleted the IE Desktop Icon ... of course this all depends on what version you are using too because the original Windows OS did not have IE built in. ;)

CRS = I have that too.

I had cheap Toshiba, Dell, Gateway laptops in the past and I found out it was better if I just got Mac's because they last soooo much longer and made up for cost over time.

Gave my husband my old iMac and he still isn't 'comfortable' with it but he will learn. We have one Toshiba laptop left that he uses and when that goes bye-bye it will replace with Mac.

___

I do love this show. I'm happy it was renewed. I know there are a lot of holes here and there but the Mia being a 'mom' figure was a GREAT twist.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.