Hannibal

Dax
Site Admin

June 8th, 2015, 7:30 pm #1

Five person main cast, with Gillian Anderson's Dr. Bedelia DuMaurier upped to regular. Hannibal, Will, Alana, Bedelia, Jack.

Mmm, Florence is pretty...

I was definitely confused about the flashback with Bedelia's arm down Quinto's throat. I mean, okay, that was an early establisher of the Hannibal/Bedelia relationship, fine, but it was a really weird image, her having her arm shoved so far inside of the dead guy...

Good to see more of Dr. Gideon.

bilki
Site Admin

June 9th, 2015, 2:53 am #2

Dr. Gideon and Hannibal were delicious, good fun. It was interesting to watch someone who had nothing to lose talk to Hannibal in such a manner. I'm pretty sure I hated Gideon when he was on the loose but it's been so long I did feel some sympathy for him in the flashbacks. I was impressed how calm he was, considering the circumstances. I imagine most people would be distraught.

I liked the creepy music but Bedelia descending into the "abyss" of her bathtub was hardly subtle. The image of Lucifer over Hannibal's face felt obvious, too.

Someone at PreTV speculated that Bedelia's hand down her patient's throat was how he "swallowed" his tongue, which makes sense.

Gillian Anderson is doing a great job of being believable as someone who is both repulsed and captivated by that creature who calls himself Hannibal.

Looking forward to seeing more of the gang in the upcoming episodes. I so hope we get to see Dr. Chilton this season.

Dax
Site Admin

June 16th, 2015, 6:44 pm #3

Dax
Site Admin

June 19th, 2015, 10:27 pm #4

#3 - So pretty to watch... Love the music, love the pictures...

bilki
Site Admin

June 19th, 2015, 11:03 pm #5

It was a nice bit of validation to see that Sepinwall made mention of that deer creature in last week's episode. I wasn't sure if I was being too sensitive but I thought that was an awful image. All of the splashing blood scenes weren't sitting well with me, either.

Abigail being alive was a bigger surprise than her being dead, but that was all just a ruse. I imagine Will is dealing with quite a bit of guilt with his betrayal of Hannibal pretty much being the cause of Abigail's death.

"I forgive you." That was almost as memorable as last season's "I believe you."

Haven't watch EP3, yet.

Dax
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2015, 9:26 pm #6

http://deadline.com/2015/06/hannibal-ca ... 201451774/

Fuller's statement is good (and suggestive that another outlet's pick-up is a possibility). http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... e-hannibal
Last edited by Dax on June 22nd, 2015, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2015, 1:59 am #7

If anything surprises me, it's that they made the announcement already. We usually have to wait until later in the season. But there wasn't much in the last three episodes to attract new viewers. And, I've long thought being on NetFlix would have been more beneficial for this show during the off-season.

For as much as I tend to dislike procedurals, I feel like I'm missing the murder-of-the-week element. I agree with you that there were some beautiful images in EP3 but I haven't felt the desire to re-watch the last 2 episodes. I really hope they're done with the snails.

Dax
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2015, 2:37 am #8

http://tvline.com/2015/06/22/hannibal-s ... cellation/

I think it's not on Netflix as Amazon has exclusivity on it. EDIT - yes, that's it... http://deadline.com/2015/06/hannibal-ca ... 201451943/ Probably also why I'm having to go to nbc.com instead of Hulu this time around for it... It was on Hulu last year...

I don't think I'm missing MurderOfTheWeek (though I did like those here, sure), but maybe they didn't HAVE to stretch Who Survived The Bloodbath to a FOURTH episode (Alana is left...). Think it's gonna be like last year where the first half was clearing Will... Here, they'll get Hannibal... Time jump... Red Dragon stuff.

I hope there's a fourth season. But if not, I'm happy we know Fuller's next project already. I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan, so I'm excited about that.
Last edited by Dax on June 23rd, 2015, 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

June 25th, 2015, 4:11 pm #9

Dax
Site Admin

June 26th, 2015, 7:46 pm #10