Site Admin

September 6th, 2015, 9:11 pm #31

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/hannibal ... on-tv.html

Finally got to the finale.

Enjoyed it. Will miss this lovely show.

bilki
Site Admin

September 7th, 2015, 12:02 am #32

Reba was my favorite part of The Red Dragon story. I thought Rutina Wesley was excellent. I think I even started falling in love with her myself. I did appreciate that there was some inner struggle between Dolarhyde's love for Reba and his transformation into the Dragon but, otherwise, I didn't grow to care about the character. Maybe if the show had covered Dolarhyde's unfortunate background? Perhaps Hannibal is the only serial killer I could be both repulsed and intrigued by.

So cool to get a new song by Siouxsie Sioux during that fight scene.

Multiple interpretations of that last scene. I thought Bedelia had cut off her own leg in a I-beat-you-to-it-Hannibal kind of way. Others had thought Hannibal had done it and that Will would be joining them for dinner.

Because I haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as the previous ones, I don't feel like I'll miss the show. But I am curious to see where he'd have gone after the fall over the cliff. Maybe I'll miss Alana Bloom tormenting Hannibal a little. I love her hatred of him.

Dax
Site Admin

September 7th, 2015, 1:49 am #33

Several of my friends went to high school with Rutina Wesley... I like her.

Big thumbs up on the song.

Sepinwall felt as you did, re: Bedelia's leg. Fuller says no, 'someone' got her...

Yeah, I thought the portrayal of Dolarhyde was strong, but I didn't 'feel' for him, or understand him beyond 'whoa, dude is nuts'.

bilki
Site Admin

September 7th, 2015, 2:47 am #34

Dax wrote:or understand him beyond 'whoa, dude is nuts'.
Exactly how I felt. I think part of the problem was that I didn't get a sense of the method behind his madness. He wanted to become The Dragon but I didn't understand why. Just because he's crazy? At least with Lecter there was the understanding that he was a cannibal who wanted to enable and inspire other serial killers, though I don't remember what motivated his killings as the Chesapeake Ripper.

Dax
Site Admin

October 24th, 2015, 5:37 am #35

Huh. http://deadline.com/2015/10/amazing-sto ... 201592586/

Could be fun.

Sure wish they had put out a Season 2 DVD set... Maybe a revival could help make that happen...