Dax
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 7:36 am #21

Sorry I didn't say something about it when it happened... Thought you'd probably seen it somewhere, or your dvr would know...

So did you catch #7 (end of 'part one') and 8 (start of Red Dragon) yet?

Good stuff. I like it.

bilki
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 2:31 pm #22

Finished 7 last night. As you know, I'm not a fan of Mason Verger, so I was reluctant to watch an episode in which I knew he would play a big part. I watched most of Verger's scenes while playing on my iPad. So glad he's dead! Enjoyed the conversation with Will and Hannibal there close to the end. Interesting that they had Hannibal surrender. I wasn't expecting that.

From reading around, I know a few bits and pieces about the Red Dragon story. Curious to see how they will structure this part of the story. I hope I enjoy this second half of the season more than the first, as it will probably be the end of the series.

Dax
Site Admin

July 27th, 2015, 4:55 pm #23

I wasn't expecting Hannibal to surrender, but it was one of those things that made perfect sense when it happened.

I haven't read the book, but I've seen both movies.

bilki
Site Admin

August 3rd, 2015, 4:35 am #24

Hannibal was outsmarting them throughout, so it was a logical conclusion that he surrendered. It amuses me, though, that I've spent the past two years wondering how he would slip up and they would catch him.

Pleased to see them return to their previous form with EP 8. I even got goosebumps during the pendulum-light-flash thing they do when Will goes into his profiler mode.

Dolarhyde felt a little OTT. Perhaps that's how he's supposed to be, so I just hoping he doesn't become another Mason Verger for me.

Always happy to see Chilton in the mix!

Dax
Site Admin

August 16th, 2015, 2:41 pm #25

Pretty scary when Daredevil goes after Will's family like that...

bilki
Site Admin

August 22nd, 2015, 4:04 am #26

Dax wrote:Pretty scary when Daredevil goes after Will's family like that...
That was a pretty good episode. Perhaps my favorite of the season. I knew Dolarhyde (he looked like a more frightening Daredevil, haha) was going after Will's family at some point during this story but I didn't know the end result. That scene was intense!

Dax, do you know if the Red Dragon story ends with this season? A friend of mine claims Fuller has said this story would carry over into the next season, which we likely will never see.

Dax
Site Admin

August 22nd, 2015, 5:12 am #27

I thought Dolarhyde is going to be wrapped up this season... I don't recall seeing anything to the contrary... Fuller has said there's a set of character beats that haven't been adapted yet (between the three books they have the rights to - not Silence) that he wants/wanted to play with, but he was being coy about what parts he meant, though I expect readers of the books could probably figure it out easily enough through process of elimination (not me - I haven't read them, just saw the movies...).

Shouldn't be going out on any kind of cliffhanger, I don't think...

Dax
Site Admin

August 25th, 2015, 4:45 pm #28

http://www.avclub.com/article/tracking- ... gon-222796

I already forgot... why did Dolarhyde turn on Reba in the most recent episode?
Last edited by Dax on August 25th, 2015, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

August 29th, 2015, 3:43 am #29

Dax wrote:why did Dolarhyde turn on Reba in the most recent episode?
They didn't really explain it, other than the implication that Dolarhyde's involvement with her is supposed to be an obstacle to him fully becoming the dragon.

Poor Chilton. That was truly horrible.

The show has become a mash-up and great scenes and stuff I find a little too OTT. I thought the scene where Reba shows up at Dolarhyde's place while Chilton is there was quite good. Anderson's painfully slow line delivery and Armitage's dragon voice annoyed the hell out of me.

I was a surprised Will finally brought up Lecter being in love with him, as it's felt like something the show has only alluded to around for its run.

Dax
Site Admin

September 1st, 2015, 6:22 pm #30

I haven't had a chance to watch the finale yet.

This article links to five different Fuller finale interviews... http://www.avclub.com/article/bryan-ful ... alk-224698

Another - http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect ... -starling/
Last edited by Dax on September 2nd, 2015, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.