KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2014, 1:02 am #31

Really good one last night (The 214s). I loved the story of Gordon and Donna's engagement ring, with the whole o Henry twist and all. I also liked the way they are slowly working in more character beats and backstory - Cam and Boz, Joe and his dad...

I love everything about Donna and want more of the story from her POV. Glad she decided to be crazy and go to ComDex.

And noticed again after the fact co-written by Zack Whedon.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2014, 1:09 am #32

Yeah, it looked like she WAS leaving, until she found the ring...

Gang taking off in what looks like the Griswold Family Truckster at the end is fun... Road trip...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2014, 4:12 pm #33

Dax wrote:Yeah, it looked like she WAS leaving, until she found the ring...

Or...was it turning Giant on, and realizing it deserved a chance... thus so did Gordon. :yes:
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

July 29th, 2014, 5:24 am #34

I think my Dad was probably at Comdex in '83... he worked for a video distribution company ('King of Video') and would go to CES and Comdex...

Joe building the static-free room looked like Dexter setting up a Kill Room... of course, later, they'd wish they had one for that purpose...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... -men-clone Huh... I had not remembered that McNairy & Bishe (Gordon and Donna) were also a couple in of-nearly-the-same-time-period Argo... Krystal, you just re-watched that recently, didn't you? Was that since HACF started? Did you notice this?
Last edited by Dax on July 29th, 2014, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 29th, 2014, 6:37 pm #35

I did not notice but you are correct. I am one behind as I like to watch the last 2 together. I just watched the one where they all took off in the car. I was surprised that the boss would put himslef in trouble to bail them out. I think he grew fond of them all.

I really like this show a lot.

Dax
Site Admin

August 4th, 2014, 7:37 am #36

Finale -

I like unemployed Donna getting high and eating cookies.

I like Cameron stealing all the coders and trying to hire Donna.

The carjacking was odd (and didn't look right - Gordon played the impact a lot stronger than dozing Donna did).

Joe's a fucking psycho, but Cameron dealt a pretty low blow saying he's the same sad little boy that went off the roof.

Joe torching the truck was predictable.

Clean-shaven Gordon is The New Joe.

Mutiny is a better name for a computer company than The Giant is for a portable computer.

Guess Joe's Mom is the caretaker of the observatory he's taking a long hike to. Okay.

Looking forward to seeing Lee Pace as a villain in Guardians of the Galaxy. My facebook friends' reviews have been universally positive this weekend.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 4th, 2014, 3:02 pm #37

I liked the stuff with Donna and Cameron too. Loved D's 'performance review.'

So, splitting 8% PROFIT (which is what I thought they said) is 1.6 mil each for Joe and Gordon. And Cameron gets nothing?

>>>>>Joe torching the truck was predictable.
I was confused though. He didn't ruin the rollout, just burned one truck, right?

And I was also confused because it seemed like way more time was passing all of a sudden between scenes.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 4th, 2014, 3:21 pm #38

No more shows?

blosslover
Site Admin

August 4th, 2014, 4:32 pm #39

That's the end unless it gets renewed... TV Guide did an interview with the creators, with spoilers if you haven't seen the last episode. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Halt-and-Ca ... 85225.aspx

Dax
Site Admin

August 4th, 2014, 5:30 pm #40

>> So, splitting 8% PROFIT (which is what I thought they said) is 1.6 mil each for Joe and Gordon.

Oh, maybe (of the profit). I thought they said full partnership of the company... (4% to each, but vested after four years, so... Joe's not going to get it... - does Gordon get an 8% share now?)

>> And Cameron gets nothing?

Right. Well, she was paid for her work...

>> He didn't ruin the rollout, just burned one truck, right?

Yeah. Glad it wasn't a warehouse or something, but... still. The truck of their symbolic rollout, the champagne breaking... kinda stings. Psycho.

>> And I was also confused because it seemed like way more time was passing all of a sudden between scenes.

Time advanced, but not (I don't think) scene-to-scene, did it? Think all the jumps were separated by act breaks...