brendajoyceyy

September 18th, 2009, 8:16 pm #91

today show was goooooooood ? that kiss was hot!! between jeva. i'm so glad reva chose her true soulmate joshua lewis.
Last edited by brendajoyceyy on September 18th, 2009, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 18th, 2009, 8:21 pm #92

lexilani wrote:I just finished the show...i taped it at 10 am and the spoilers were right. I'm glad that Reva and Josh ended up together but I'm not happy that they didn't say what happened with Jeffery and Edmund. Is Jeffery still out there looking for Edmund...did he decide Reva should be with Josh...is Edmond dead or coming back to get the kids? Stupid for them to leave it hanging like that...
Jeffrey is dead. Edmund killed him. :mad1: At least that's the way it played out in my happy ending.

~~~

I just saw the last show and I'm happy with the ending. I was thrilled to see all the old vets back over the past couple of weeks and we got closure on a lot more than I thought we would.

I'm even OK with Rick & Mindy getting married. :P to my anti-Phindy buddies.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 18th, 2009, 10:48 pm #93

awl gate! u had me there for a minute lol. I thought I musta missed something from Thursday's show...I just saw Jeff and Edmond on different buildings.
Just got this from twitter, it was posted on the Soap Opera News Site under Breaking news:

GL's Jeffrey: Missing In Action
GL's final episode aired today and everyone in Springfield was granted a final "one-year later" scene — except for Jeffrey, who was last seen having a shoot-out with Edmund. As Josh and Reva drove off together to presumably start a new life together, Jeffrey's whereabouts were never addressed. So, where is he? GL rep explains that his absence was intentional, and the story was purposely left open-ended. "When Reva tells Josh she's not ready, that's all about Jeffrey and her trying to move on," says the rep. Reva believes Jeffrey is dead and, a year later, he very well could be. Guess it's up to the viewers to decide!

I think it was the usual crap for the GL writers being too lazy to tie up all the loose ends. Coulda had both of them shoot and kill each other...that wouldn't have taken too much brain power to write.
Last edited by Guest on September 18th, 2009, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lexilou
Elite Members

September 19th, 2009, 1:00 am #94

Ah, but they did lexilani. Edmund got Jeffery right between the eyes, at least that's what I plan to believe. :wink1:

mozartkc
Elite Members

September 19th, 2009, 2:41 am #95

Well.....I thought I saw that Edmund captured Jeffrey; tied him to a pole; told him he had pretty lips; and left him to die in the woods?
I forgot to add that a woodchipper got him when they tore down the forest. Poor poor Jeffrey. He was raped and died in the woods!!! LOL
Last edited by mozartkc on September 19th, 2009, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lexilou
Elite Members

September 19th, 2009, 3:14 am #96

After some more thought, one of three things happened. 1-Jeffery came back, Reva kicked him to the curb and left with Josh. 2-Jeffery died a horribly painful death involving a wood chipper. 3-Jeffery is still alive somewhere but decided that chasing Edmund was way more important than letting Reva know he was still alive. Any way it shakes out, Josh and Reva chose each other in the end. The only thing that ruins it for me is Colin, I hate to say that I wish he wasn't ever thought of (born), but I do. It's just too wierd.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 19th, 2009, 11:38 am #97

ok...so i guess u'all don't like Jeffery lol. Well, I think he waited a year and didn't attempt to see Reva or Colin...then Reva would be too pissed to take him back anyway...so yep her and Josh would be together. ;)

Paddy

September 19th, 2009, 4:31 pm #98

lexilou wrote:The only thing that ruins it for me is Colin, I hate to say that I wish he wasn't ever thought of (born), but I do. It's just too wierd.
I agree with you. I never understood the need for a Jeffeva child. I think the child's only purpose was to solidify Jeffrey's legacy to Springfield and Reva.

luvbig97

September 19th, 2009, 4:42 pm #99

The only thing I didn't like about the one year later was Marina and Shayne. That kiss was so awkward, I'd rather they had just remained friends.

Reva and Josh. What more can I say - Oh, and ITA...when I saw her with her hair pulled back, if felt like I was looking at an old friend. Crazy that something so small can mean so much.

Dax
Site Admin

September 19th, 2009, 5:41 pm #100

Some thoughts on the week...

I liked the double wedding for Billy & Vanessa and Buzz & Lillian.

I liked Alan's death, particularly the performances by Grant Aleksander and Marj Dusay.

Of anybody they might have 'killed off', Alan was the 'right' choice. So much better than Phillip, or Rick, or one of the babies, any of those rumors we heard awhile back.

Left Springfield - Dinah (the stupidest write-off, really - she obviously didn't kill Edmund, so it's crazy-stupid to keep her 'on the run' for killing somebody, when it's an easy fix to say NOBODY died...), Mallet (also a stupid write-off - he acted like a foolish, childish coward, but the characters all praised him for his 'bravery', like we're living in a Bizarro world...), Rafe, Ashlee & Daisy, Josh, Fletch took Alex away for a bit... and Ed asked Holly to go around the world with him...

Moved back to Springfield - Jonathan & Sarah, Michelle and her family, Mindy. Happy with all of those choices. (Oh, SOMEDAY, Michelle has to wise up and dump Danny, but...).

The quickie Daisy/Ashlee-going-to-school stuff was silly and unnecessary, as was ANOTHER Remy/Christina 'wedding'... didn't like those brief Matt/Maureen fluffy scenes... the Frank/Blake 'reveal' was awkward and lamely written - it didn't play well at all, but I don't mind that they're together, either...

I missed Vanessa on the finale.

As much as I wish Jeffrey O'Neill never existed, I don't mind that we didn't get a Reva-finds-out-he's-alive scene, or receive closure for his cat & mouse with Edmund. That's soap opera. Everything SHOULDN'T be all tied up, of course. All we know for sure is that Reva will be MIGHTY pissed at Jonathan when she DOES find out he knew The Creature was alive, and kept it from her...

The One Year Later stuff... Shayne/Marina - okay, whatever, doesn't matter... Bill/Lizzie are having a boy (Harlan William the fourth, we must assume, unless Bill is feeling majorly rebellious...)... Remy and Christina have baby Clayton... Frank and Blake look happy together (Hey, baby Francesca has the same name as Mallet's mob daughter ex)... I don't really buy that James and Daisy would still be involved a year later, but whatever. Daisy looks delicious.

I didn't like the Dinah/Mallet glimpses. Very dumb mini-scenes.

The week's guests - I guess I like Ed at Holly's door, but I wish there'd been more of Ed these last couple months than just as 'Phillip's doctor/confidante'... loved seeing Fletcher (love Jay Hammer's attachment to his hat), but it wasn't enough, really... I wish Nola & Bridget had gotten more time (Melissa Hayden looks great, love her)... was Dylan's NAME even mentioned by anyone? We see him ever-so-briefly dancing with Reva, but there was a major missed opportunity to see Reva with all FOUR of her sons - Dylan wasn't seen with Billy at all...

I'm good with Phillip and Beth being back together and engaged (presumably married in the flashforward).

I'm VERY pleased that Rick 'got the girl' and will be marrying Mindy 'tomorrow'. I always wanted that to happen, that full-circle of both guy Musketeers marrying both of the girls... and Mindy always seemed to me a much better 'fit' with Rick than several of his other wives or girlfriends...

Cyrus being Jenna's son was a big waste of time.

Olivia and Natalia should have gotten an on-screen kiss. I really don't understand why they didn't. Who'd be outraged? And what are they gonna do- CANCEL THEM?...

I liked the Reva/Olivia moment in the finale.

I liked Alan's final scenes with Buzz, Reva, Alex, and Phillip...

I hate that Alan and Beth have a daughter (but hey, we SAW her), and that Reva and Jeffrey have a son... oh, well...

So would you say Peyton was our final case of super-SORASing because she looked to be about 3 or 4 years old, or are flashforward Colin and flashforward Henry too old, do you think?

Funny how flashforward Natalia looks pregnant again... how'd THAT happen?...

The final Josh/Reva scene was good, and moved me (not too much else did, this week, really... Phillip and Alex grieving, some, and Lillian's happiness at her wedding... I love Tina Sloan...). It was a good idea - romantic, logical - to set their reunion a year in the future rather than in the present day.

Always.

Goodbye, Guiding Light. I watched about 25 of your 72 years, and I will miss you.