Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Krystal
Site Admin

May 1st, 2010, 4:47 pm #1

I had read this book, which was beyond excellent, and have to recc it to everyone. Last night we saw the movie (yes I went to a theater after more than 20 years). The film was also excellent but like any film based on a book, left out a lot. They are supposed to make it into an American movie but I think it will lose a lot in the translation. For instance, the actors looked so real, they have not got into the botox and fillers there, no one was beautiful by plastic American standards, but it made me yearn for the days when actors looked like people and not cartoons.

The character Lisbeth (the tattoo girl) is a complex and wonderful character who fights like a street fighter. Any money here they'll manage to make her some kind of martial arts queen and ruin the effect of the character.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2010, 12:58 am #2

I wanna see these movies (second and third should be out here later in the year...).

Have you read the second and third books yet? (Edit: Oh, I guess the third really isn't readily available here yet... but anyway...)

Last edited by Dax on May 2nd, 2010, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2010, 2:44 pm #3

I have that book on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. It was one of the freebies that Amazon gives out. I'm happy to see it has such great reviews.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2010, 5:19 pm #4

Yes, I read the second and it is as good or better than the first. Gate, for sure read it, it is awesome. Dax, I did not know another movie was out.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2010, 7:46 pm #5

Not out in the U.S., but made (the third, too).

And I guess the third book has been translated for its UK release, but it hasn't been released here yet...

Interesting that the trilogy is gaining such international acclaim and (sad) its author died in 2004... weird when artists don't get to enjoy their success.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2010, 8:12 pm #6

Yes, it is really sad. he never wrote anything before, then wrote the trilogy, got it accepted and had a heart attack. I think there will be spin offs of the characters as they are very interesting, especially the main female character Lisbeth Salander. I will definately see the next movie when it is released.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2010, 3:54 pm #7

I just found out the book club I belong to will be having a meeting to discuss 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' in October. Yay!

tgir
Site Admin

May 12th, 2010, 4:20 pm #8

Daughter saw the movie and really liked it. Also is reading the book...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 13th, 2010, 12:00 pm #9

I'm 1/2 way through the book now and I can't put it down. The movie is out and playing in very limited release here in my area. I would love to go see the movie this weekend while it's still here. It comes out on DVD July 6th.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 13th, 2010, 2:47 pm #10

I couldn't either Gate, and the good news is the movie is great and the second book as good as the first!