Krystal
Site Admin

June 12th, 2011, 12:09 am #81

I read the article in VF, is a memior from the girlfiend. Touching but not too deep. Said he was really active in women's rights and other social issues. He worked like a dog, ate poorly and chain smoked. He felt sick early in the day and a friend wanted to take him to the hospital but he declined. Later that day they walked up 7 flights of stairs for an interview (in a place that had no elevator) and that is when he went into full blown arrest and died shortly after.

He had a signed will leving her everything but it was not notarized or witnessed so the dad and brother got it all.

Cheryl
Elite Members

June 13th, 2011, 3:10 am #82

I saw the trailer today while at the movies watching X-Men First Class. It was rad!!!

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

blosslover
Site Admin

June 13th, 2011, 3:11 am #83

Did you like X-Men First Class, Cheryl?

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 22nd, 2011, 8:14 pm #84

'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' extended trailer released - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qQe3OrsMKI#!
Last edited by Gatekeeper on September 22nd, 2011, 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

September 27th, 2011, 5:21 am #85

For some reason I could not post on friend's computer, but anyhow, thanks for that. Looks good. I have been cynical about the American remake but have to say this young woman could be OK and even Craig has potential.

Cheryl
Elite Members

September 29th, 2011, 2:52 am #86

OMG, the trailer looks awesome......it gave me chills! So I'm at the end of the third book, Salander's trial just started. I think this last book was my fave in the series. I'm going REALLY slow now because I don't want it to end. I will miss these characters. :(
wrote:Did you like X-Men First Class, Cheryl?
BL--so sorry I missed this but hey, nothing like an answer to your question three months later! Yes, I thought X-Men First Class was fabulous. Kevin Bacon was a fantastic villain, that foreign dude who plays Magneto (it's been so long I can't remember his name) was REALLY good, a scene stealer. I would watch it again in a heartbeat and that's rare for me these days.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

October 10th, 2011, 4:26 am #87

Just saw Dream House (if you are really interested, wait for the dvd to come out or see it on demand. No need to hurry with this one) which was much more notable for the previews of Girl with The Dragon Tatoo (I think I might enjoy it---in English instead of subtitles. Don't get me wrong: I enjoy movies with subtitles, but think it might be nice to enjoy this thriller without the distraction of subtitles) and also for a complete change of pace: Tower Heist with Ben Stiller, Alan Alda, and Eddie Murphy. Am only hoping that all the best parts haven't been spoiled in the trailer.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 12th, 2011, 12:01 am #88

Two good articles in todays NY Times. One regarding Fincher and his being worried that fans of the book won't like his version of the movie. They say a million people called him with casting ideas, he did not want a well known actor for Lisbeth (I agree).

Then an article about Naomi Rapace (Lisbeth #1) who said she did not want the role (who really knows), she was done with the character and is in a couple of new US films, one Alien like directed by Ridley Scott. Interesting as the pix in the Times, she almost looked a bit like a young Weaver....
Last edited by Krystal on December 12th, 2011, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tgir
Site Admin

December 12th, 2011, 1:16 am #89

Naomi Rapace is in the new Sherlock Holmes (A Game of Shadows, out Dec. 16!) with Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr.

I think that she could be a good choice to play a Ripley like character in an Alien film. Will have to see re: the new Sherlock Holmes film. In the previews, she looks not quite right, in some way, a little out of place.

Dax
Site Admin

December 12th, 2011, 1:17 am #90

Definitely easy to believe Rapace did not want to do it again. Yeah, she's in the Sherlock Holmes sequel (oops, was posting at the same time as tgir) and Scott's Prometheus, which looks to be super-awesome...

I've ordered the box set of the extended (tv-film edits, shown in two parts each, runtime quite a bit longer than the theatrical releases) of the Swedish trilogy. I'll probably watch Fincher's first one first, though. It looks great.

Last edited by Dax on December 12th, 2011, 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.