Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 30th, 2011, 7:53 pm #71

Dax wrote:Shaky hand-held video from a theatre screening (and unauthorized, so I could see youtube having to pull it before long, maybe), but... here's the first trailer for Fincher's GWTDT.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/hot-red ... on-tattoo/
Thanks Dax.

I loved the ending "The feel bad movie of Christmas". I'm sure I'll see it but once again nothing can compare to the books and my twisted vision. B-)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 30th, 2011, 8:16 pm #72

For one thing tha actors look like real people. I don't think there was a micron of botox or Juvederm in the entire cast. They looked like people this could be happening to, and they were great actors as well. Rapace is brilliant as Salander and the guy who played Bloomquist was excellent as well. I don't know who has been cast for the US movie but I am sure they will be the same frozen faced tooth laminated crop we usually get.

The movie was dark and gritty too, Sweden is a bitch in the winter. Wonder if they can carry that as well. We'll see.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 30th, 2011, 8:20 pm #73

That being siad, watched the trailer and it looked pretty good. Seems they got the dark and gritty part down!!!!

Dax
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 1:44 am #74

>> I don't know who has been cast for the US movie but I am sure they will be the same frozen faced tooth laminated crop we usually get.

Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 5:11 am #75

Craig might do, I do not know the woman. The trailer did look good. I am sure I will see it no matter what the reviews are as I am totally hooked on the series.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 5:17 am #76

Trailer looked like they might gore it up. "Feel Bad" movie of the season....

Dax
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 6:57 am #77

>> I do not know the woman.

Fincher wanted a relative unknown, over all the names that wanted it bad and pushed themselves hard for it... (he did work with her a little bit on his last film - she's got a small role in The Social Network). She was in the recent remake of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Marg
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 8:08 pm #78

I saw the trailer, didn't like the sound score....just too over-the top for that movie. It did look dark..that was fine. Didn't see enough to make a comment about the acting.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 2nd, 2011, 11:52 pm #79

I like that she is a relative unknown actor. I didn't want someone like Angelina Jolie or someone like that to take it and then you sit there and cannot believe it is Lisbeth. I sort of liked the harsh sound track for a triler but would not want it through out the movie.
Craig was OK as I really have not seen a ton of him, I don't think of him as "James Bond", he has theat somewhat weary look that the Swede did.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 8th, 2011, 5:33 am #80

Big article on Larssen (sp), in Vanity Fair. Haven't read it yet but they usually do a good job.