Jenni
Site Admin

July 9th, 2010, 12:42 pm #31

I just posted this on another thread. I just started reading this but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I will persevere and finish it though, lol.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 10th, 2010, 8:10 pm #32

I did use his Vanger guide for sure.

They just released the second Swedish move "The Girl Who Played With Fire".
They did a great job with the first one and the young woman who played Lisbeth was perfect in the role. They have not selected anyone for the American film, I wish they would pick an unknown, and hope she is true to form and not some hyped up Laura Croft Amazon. They are talking about Ellen Page, I can't see her in this role.

tgir
Site Admin

July 10th, 2010, 8:27 pm #33

My (unlikely to be fulfilled) ideal candidate for a US version (and I know there will have to be one) would be Summer Glau from Firefly. She's the only person I can think of who would suit. And a HUGE HELL NO to Tom Cruise being anywhere near this project.

bilki
Site Admin

July 10th, 2010, 10:21 pm #34

If you have NetFlix, the film is available throught their online streaming function.

blosslover
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 4:21 am #35

I bought the movie on Blu-Ray, but waiting on watching it until I've finished the novel.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 8:25 pm #36

An American group has bought the rights to do the film in English, so this is going to happen. Tom Cruise? Where did you hear this? Not Bloomquist I hope.

tgir
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 8:45 pm #37

Krystal wrote:An American group has bought the rights to do the film in English, so this is going to happen. Tom Cruise? Where did you hear this? Not Bloomquist I hope.
Sorry for the heart attack. I mis-remembered:

here's the quote from Wikipedia:
wrote:According to The Guardian, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, and Brad Pitt are all interested in playing the central role of Mikael Blomkvist, but Daniel Craig was in more serious talks for the lead in June.[14] Twilight's Kristen Stewart and Juno's Ellen Page have expressed interest to play Lisbeth Salander, as well as Carey Mulligan. Producer Søren Stærmose of Yellow Bird, who holds the screen rights to the books, has been approached by directors including Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, and Martin Scorsese.[15][16] On December 16, 2009 leading Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet reported that Sony Pictures Entertainment are in final negotiating with Yellow Bird about the film rights according to Yellow Bird Managing Director Mikael Wallén. Steve Zaillian has been in discussions to adapt the first book.[17][18] [19]

David Fincher is set to direct a 2012 production starrring Daniel Craig and Carey Mulligan.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_w ... gon_Tattoo

The bolded part must have been added recently. Source was a Roger Ebert column dated 7/7/10. So, it's a go.

I think that Daniel Craig would be right for the role of Blomquist. I am trying to remember Carey Mulligan from Public Enemies.

When I linked back to the Ebert article, he mentioned the non-Twilight Kristen Stewart. Is there another actress named Kristen Stewart?

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 9:08 pm #38

tgir wrote:My (unlikely to be fulfilled) ideal candidate for a US version (and I know there will have to be one) would be Summer Glau from Firefly. She's the only person I can think of who would suit.
ITA she would be PERFECT for the role. I meant to get the movie this weekend but never got around to it. Hopefully I'll see it soon. ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 10:23 pm #39

I think Craig is a good choice, he is not as "pretty" as Clooney which is better for the role. Maybe Depp, but God knows no Cruise. I don't know about Mulligan, I hope she is not too tall. I like that Lisbeth is a bitty thing, but a powerhouse.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 11:16 pm #40

I was thinking Liam Neeson would have been good too. I wish they would use the Swedish Actress she is perfect in the role.