Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 14th, 2010, 11:39 am #11

I finished the 1st book last night and download the second book to my Kindle seconds later. I'm scared to start reading the 2nd book today because I'll know I'll get sucked back in and won't be able to put it down. The first book was amazing. :)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 14th, 2010, 7:59 pm #12

You are quite correct in thinking you will get hooked again Gate. We did seethe movie, very limited in the Phoenix area too, intellectual anything is scarce here. It was very good and follows the plot line. Like most movies though there is no time to get into every relationship, for instance Armansky was not delved into at all.
So it is good you read the book first.

I was not sure they'd ever release it on DVD so we made the effort to see it. Maybe we'll rent it, I loved it that much.

They are making an "American" version of the movie which i am sure will not be nearly as good. lisbeth is brilliantly portrayed in the Swedish version, as is Bloomquist. The actors are not all botoxed and surgically altered, they are real looking. I amsure they'll get some "big name' to act in the newer version, and have Lisbeth jusmping thru the air like Crouching Tiger and ruin the whole damn thing.

Dax
Site Admin

May 15th, 2010, 6:02 am #13

I honestly think a Steven Zallian script and David Fincher directing (and Brad Pitt doesn't suck) should make for a pretty good movie. I wouldn't think they'd ruin a great book.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

May 15th, 2010, 7:06 am #14

this book has been on my "to read" list for so long. Hearing the rave revierws from you all has sealed the deal. Can't wait to read it now. (I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels and they are very addicting but I will take a break from them for this!)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 15th, 2010, 11:57 am #15

I had no idea that they are making an 'American' version of the movie. Hopefully it will be good.

I'm sucked into the second book already. It only took one second and I was hooked. :)

Krystal
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm #16

OK, so interesting tidbits. Our weekend guests included a Swedeish friend who read the book and siad all of the places and characters (other than of course the main ones) were accurate.

AND, NY Times has a big article about the battle now going on over the monies from the books and movies. He lived with a woman for 20 years and she helped him write the books, but she is not entitled to any of the money because they were not married. There are major suits going on over this. I am sure you can go to NY Times on line and get the article, it is in the Sunday magazine section.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2010, 11:09 pm #17

Very interesting Krystal.

I finished the second book and am waiting for the 3rd one to come out on the Kindle on Tuesday. :)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 4th, 2010, 11:58 am #18

Finished the 3rd book. Amazing series. I won't say too much more until you guys have caught up but I will say I'm sorry it has come to an end.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 4th, 2010, 3:14 pm #19

Reportedly there is a lot of a 4th one on the computer which the girlfriend has. The greedy dad and bro want it but as they have made a ton of money on this series, she won't give it up. Rumor that she helped write the books. We'll see. Big scandal in sweden over this. maybe we'll get another. just sad that it had to dend this way.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 4th, 2010, 3:30 pm #20

Krystal wrote:Reportedly there is a lot of a 4th one on the computer which the girlfriend has. The greedy dad and bro want it but as they have made a ton of money on this series, she won't give it up. Rumor that she helped write the books. We'll see. Big scandal in sweden over this. maybe we'll get another. just sad that it had to dend this way.
I had no idea there is a 4th book. Oh I just hope they can work it out! I hate when things like that happen. It's just terrible.