bilki
Site Admin

July 18th, 2017, 3:28 am #1

Dax is slacking off, lol.

tgir
Site Admin

July 18th, 2017, 4:57 am #2

I know, right?

So, what do we all think about the season opener? Seems like ducks are being lined up...

bilki
Site Admin

July 18th, 2017, 5:18 am #3

Arya getting her revenge on the Freys was fine but the reveal was such a silly Soap Opera moment that I couldn't help but think of Days Of Our Lives. And it just made me frustrated, again, that we never got Lady Stoneheart.

Love The Hound but why is he able to see into the fire now? Because they brought him back to life?

Sansa's snark to the perpetually annoying Littlefinger before he walked away was fun.

Overall, I thought it was fine. Nothing made much of an impression but I didn't feel like I was waiting for the minutes to pass, either. I'm ready for The Night King to show up and wipe these people out.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 18th, 2017, 12:55 pm #4

No HBO. I might do a free weekend and binge when the season's done.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

tgir
Site Admin

July 18th, 2017, 1:47 pm #5

DID they bring the Hound back to life? I just thought that he survived..... Obviously I am not obsessive in my viewing of GoT and am sure I missed some episodes. I love Lady Mormont who is becoming one of my favorite characters.

I am still continually annoyed by Sansa and disappointed in the children--and their fates-- of Ned Stark, Arya being an exception.

Dax
Site Admin

July 20th, 2017, 1:27 am #6

Loved the Arya-as-Walder scene. Good to have a few more minutes with 'him'.

I liked the Jon/Sansa conflict in front of everybody.

tgir - Yup, Hound turned up alive in 6.7 and 8 last year. No, he wasn't brought back by magic or anything, he just wasn't all the way dead when we left him, and he survived.

I'm not sure why he could see the vision in the fire. Maybe it was just, like, really vivid...

I liked the opener. Table-setting, sure, but all fun to watch. Only seven hours, though, shit's gonna start happening pretty fast.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 20th, 2017, 7:15 pm #7

I loved everything about the season opener. I'm really loving Arya right now. We have been rewatching the series and made it up to the 'Red Wedding' before this season. It has been great to re-watching it after I read the books because I can fill Chris in on the details and also it makes more sense. I feel the first time watching the series there was so many characters, places and plots that it was easy to miss stuff.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 4th, 2017, 9:37 pm #8

I am very mad that the next GOT episode was leaked online. I'm even madder (is that a word?) that people are talking about it. I am trying to be soooo careful not to ruin last week's episode for those who have not seen it and then you have some cruel people who are ruining the fun for all of us.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

August 6th, 2017, 8:47 pm #9

I haven't seen spoilers...

Man, #3 was so, so good...

bilki
Site Admin

August 7th, 2017, 2:26 am #10

:wow:

At this point I don't even care if Cersei's lap dog is dead. I'm sure he'll resurface, though.