Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 6:13 pm #71

Dax wrote:Well, I believe Melisandre (both Book and Show) had never done THAT before, but... yes, what we all thought would happen... happened.
Yeah I guess it was Thoros that brought back Beric Dondarrion using the 'Lord of the Light's' power.

Fun article ~
http://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/02/on ... ack-wrong/
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

bilki
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 11:03 pm #72

At one point during that conversation, I thought Melisandre might tell Davos they'd have to find Thoros of Myr. Didn't she cross paths with him on the show? I wonder how different Jon will be after this. I know Beric Dondarrion changed after each resurrection. And after being dead for so long, Lady Stoneheart was only a sliver of Catelyn Stark.

***I wrote that^^^ before I read the article linked above me, lol.

There's speculation that Tyrion is a Targ. Talking to the dragons added some fuel to that fire. This is the first I've heard of the theory, and I haven't looked into who they think his father may be.

Plenty of cheers for KINGSMOOT, which would mean more to Gate than it does to me. Of all of the hours I spent on ASOIAF wiki, I didn't look into the Iron Islands characters much at all.
Last edited by bilki on May 2nd, 2016, 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2016, 1:05 am #73

Yeah, Arya was hanging with the Brotherhood without Banners until Melisandre came by and bought Gendry from them...

I don't remember if she (Melisandre - I know Arya did) saw Thoros do his thing with Beric, though...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2016, 11:40 am #74

Interesting note on watching GOTh with hubby .... He is most interested Arya storyline. Funny how different people look forward to different stuff.

I am thinking Jon Snow will be different. Maybe tougher ... not as compassionate. I don't know but I think there will have to be some major change to propel him toward the Iron throne but then again Winter is Coming.

>>I don't remember if she (Melisandre - I know Arya did) saw Thoros do his thing with Beric, though...

I can't remember if she was there for any of the resurrections in the book. My brain is fried.

Bilki, I remember reading somewhere the theory of Tyrion. That would actually make a lot of sense if he was Targ.
__

I feel 'really' bad for my kid. She works night shift so she can't watch GoTh live and her asshole boyfriend was watching it when she woke up and the first thing she saw was Jon Snow opening his eyes. She was all prepared to watch it when she woke up too so she wouldn't be spoiled. I told her it is time to throw boyfriend to the curb. I would NEVER forgive someone who is suppose to love me ruin Game of Thrones for me! :firemad:
Last edited by Gatekeeper on May 3rd, 2016, 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dax
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2016, 1:10 pm #75

Not the best thing to see the end first, no, but she wasn't SPOILED, really... She did think Jon was going to get better, didn't she?

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 4th, 2016, 10:57 am #76

Dax wrote:Not the best thing to see the end first, no, but she wasn't SPOILED, really... She did think Jon was going to get better, didn't she?
I'm not sure. I didn't ask her but now I will. B-)

Dax
Site Admin

May 4th, 2016, 6:56 pm #77

Happy news - Looking very much like the day before Memorial Day - a day HBO usually takes off - is NOT skipping a week this year. We won't have a two-week break between #5 and 6...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 4th, 2016, 8:49 pm #78

Gatekeeper wrote:
Dax wrote:Not the best thing to see the end first, no, but she wasn't SPOILED, really... She did think Jon was going to get better, didn't she?
I'm not sure. I didn't ask her but now I will. B-)
So I checked with her and she thought Jon Snow was dead dead and didn't have a clue he would be coming back to life. :'(

Dax
Site Admin

May 4th, 2016, 9:43 pm #79

Didja tell her 'You know nothing (about) Jon Snow'?

Just a scratch. Minor flesh wound.

I expect another person we like and were sorry to see go will be alive again soon in the near future (not Lady Stoneheart, I mean somebody else... Do you know who I mean?).

Dax
Site Admin

May 8th, 2016, 3:23 am #80

So Tyrion killing Tywin happened to air on Father's Day...

The popular speculation is that Mother's Day might well be giving us the 'Jon Snow's Mother' reveal...