KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 26th, 2016, 10:29 am #61

I forgot to say, the build up to the Sand Snakes was not sufficient for the Finale/Premiere.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

April 26th, 2016, 5:38 pm #62

Dorne was a big bust last season, but I didn't mind the brevity of the Elarria-takes-out-Doran and the girls-get-Trystane scenes here. 'Okay, NOW what?' is the question.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 26th, 2016, 11:58 pm #63

Finally had a chance to visit with my GoT colleague at lunch today and rehash. She's read everything (after I turned her on to the books before the show started) and she's re-read everything since last June. She says this is all new territory. And she is flipping out trying to guess how the books will play it. :D

I haven't visited any Book VS Show forums yet...
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

April 27th, 2016, 5:31 am #64

I read a couple pages of PreTV's Book vs. Show thread. There was plenty of negativity for the Dorne shenanigans.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 2:34 am #65

Bran's back.

Balon went splat.

Roose's first born prefers being an only child.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/01/game-of-th ... -season-6/

Jon's back. Resurrection - it's so easy... http://tvline.com/2016/05/01/kit-haring ... interview/
Last edited by Dax on May 2nd, 2016, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 3:09 am #66

There was a big clap of thunder here as Melisandre was trying to revive Jon, which made it all the more fun. I started thinking they'd save the resurrection until the next episode.

Tyrion playing a Dragon Whisperer was pretty cool.

I like the fantasy aspect of Bran's story, so it was good to see him again.

UGH @ Ramsay killing Roose. I'd rather just FF through Ramsay's scenes but I keep thinking I'll miss something that impacts someone else's story. I guess I could just read a recap.

Still hoping that Arya will actually get to do something awesome one day soon.

I'm assuming the Iron Islands will factor in to all of this somehow but I kinda don't care, though I'd rather watch them than Ramsay.

Enjoyed Cersei and Tommen.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 3:17 am #67

Tyrion making friends was a suspenseful scene, yes, though it seemed pretty unlikely they'd roast or eat him. Even so.

It shall be as satisfying to see Ramsay go as it was Joffrey, for sure. But how and when?

I do think McElhatton's right - it was kinda self-defense - If Ramsay hadn't gotten his Dad, Roose likely would have gotten him a moment or two later...

Walder Frey is going to be most displeased.

No tits in our 'Tits and Dragons' show tonight. Odd.

Last edited by Dax on May 2nd, 2016, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 4:21 am #68

The whole E-VOL villain is so groan-worthy but at least Joffrey was a Lannister, an important family to the series. Roose played a important part in some of the story but he's a far cry from a Lannister. Ramsay is relatively pointless without his father. Perhaps from a writer's point of view there's a good reason for a villain who has little to no inner conflict but I don't find them to be compelling entertainment. If they can elevate Ramsay's demise to more than a "Good Riddance!" thought from me, I'll be surprised.

Walder Frey is a piece of sh*t, too. I do like the idea of Ramsay taking his vile self up to the Wall to get his comeuppance.

Tits last week, dragons this week. Maybe it's a back and forth thing?

I do agree with the complaints about Tyrion's eunuch jokes. Once was more than enough.

On the first viewing, I wasn't paying enough attention to the Bran's flashback to realize I was watching young Benjen, Eddard and Jon Snow's mother ( :P ).
Last edited by bilki on May 2nd, 2016, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 11:43 am #69

Balon going splat was in the book. I was surprised they took the time to throw that in but I guess they are going to go somewhere with Iron Islands story.

Oh Ramsey ... I saw that coming a million miles away.

Really enjoyed Bran's story tonight and the flashback to the kids. Again that is going to bring something new to the TV series that was in the books that hasn't really been touched on yet in the show.

I expected Jon Snow to return the way he did because of the book and how Melisandre had used those same powers on others.

Love Tyrion and the dragons. I said to my husband 'Oh it would be a bitch if George got rid of Tyrion with one fatal dragon breath but he wouldn't do that ... would he?' LOL ... This is Game of Thrones so I should always remember to expect the unexpected.

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 4:40 pm #70

Yeah, we'll probably be skipping a lot of the Iron Islands stuff, but if Theon is going 'home', they have to at least do an abridged version...

I wanna know what happened to Hodor.

Well, I believe Melisandre (both Book and Show) had never done THAT before, but... yes, what we all thought would happen... happened.